What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 hours ago, Steeeeve said:

Woah! Woah! Multiple questions!

1. what makes the resource bar look so amazing?

2. What mods, in general? Looks incredible!

#1 - KSP Alternate Resource Panel

#2 - You'll find the "front line" portion of my modlist here. My post is part of a GPP sandbox grand tour.

6 hours ago, Steeeeve said:

Been working on downloading and finalizing 4 separate KSP saves. All vastly different from each other. These look amazing!

Rss KSP

Yp5hjJA.png

3.2x Galileo System

7jq3ZJj.png

Gameslinx's Planet Pack

YFB9pQC.png

Stock Kerbin System

NHG7rvF.png

I have never been so amazed at a game's graphics like I am with KSP! These look incredible!

Whoo :)

Yesterday, i calculated and confirmed that my biggest rocket in Realism Overhaul can in fact send around 750 tons to Low Earth Orbit. Kaboombabadaboom! I think i can actually add more stages, it only has 2.

8 hours ago, captainb said:

@SufficientAnonymity does that thing balance on only those 2 engines?

Yup - the whole thing is designed so that the CoM is centered on the middle of the lithium tanks, so that it doesn't move too much as it burns fuel, then the engines pivot (Infernal Robotics) around that exact point. Also, in case things aren't perfectly aligned, there's a set of Tundra Exploration heavy RCS pods at each end, plus the H fuselage end-pieces have reaction wheels in them. It is in no way aerodynamically stable - exoatmospheric use only.

Testing cryogenic cooling for long term missions. 

First test flight put this into orbit, had to use half the fuel on board so it was a failure of a fuel tug. So i sent it up via cheat for testing.

Gd2izwA.pngsNtjeUw.png

Proper excessive mission got this behemoth up without using the onboard fuel. 395k units of liquid hydrogen!

oejCbWv.png

Tested it a various time warps.  Analytic mode (more than x1000 Time warp) messes with it. otherwise they can keep the hydrogen from evaporating. Looks like i still need service module tanks for mars missions.

Edited by Bornholio

When you want that booster gone, "Angle for best results."

6Y006ds.png

GhH00PW.png

I've heard they help with ADHD? I had the kerbals manufacture one.  I promise you, mine spins the longest-

DAMN IT
TY2lcPU.png

Scott Manley said this could happen. I blame the atmosphere. And gravity.

T3LMjiJ.png

There. Still going. 

8O5iBeS.png

Believe it or not, still going. And perfectly fine. And sort a mesmerising. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Edited by Tw1

3 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

When you want that booster gone, "Angle for best results."

6Y006ds.png

GhH00PW.png

I've heard they help with ADHD? I had the kerbals manufacture one.  I promise you, mine spins the longest-

DAMN IT
TY2lcPU.png

Manley said this could happen. I blame the atmosphere. And gravity.

T3LMjiJ.png

There. Still going. 

8O5iBeS.png

Believe it or not, still going. And perfectly fine. And sort a mesmerising. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Craft download please!

16 hours ago, Steeeeve said:

Been working on downloading and finalizing 4 separate KSP saves. All vastly different from each other. These look amazing!

Rss KSP

Yp5hjJA.png

3.2x Galileo System

7jq3ZJj.png

Gameslinx's Planet Pack

YFB9pQC.png

Stock Kerbin System

NHG7rvF.png

I have never been so amazed at a game's graphics like I am with KSP! These look incredible!

hqdefault.jpg

I got a contract for a "High Gee Adventure", basically I had to make the tourist pass out from G-Force. So I designed a plane, (called the Vomit Comet of course), which would fly straight up, then dive towards the ground, and pull up really quickly. It didn't pull up fast enough however, and crashed belly first into the ground. The pod survived, and the Gees from the crash made the tourist pass out, so, contract completed anyway. (Note: The most effective way to achieve this goal is to fly a plane relatively low, and deploy parachutes, stopping the plane, knocking them out.)

Edited by Ragingdonut

7 hours ago, GreatWazoo said:

I finally docked my two münar modules

I've only been playing for a day, so it took me five hours.

Just 5 hours, and on your first day playing, and you've already successfully docked? That's actually really impressive!! :D

The successful unmanned orbital test of the Nomad Mk II colony ship:

800DD087CBCA64A70D998DFF1B300C49B886AF385941852535AA3616AD928F4A19F9B1588B989DF5

She's not close to mission-ready -- this flight was just a check to see if she could make it to orbit.

(Last flight tested the escape pods, when I realized I'd left off any chutes for the monstrosity other than on the pods, then ran out of fuel, resulting in a six-Kerbal scramble from the command module to the pods...)

I set out to build an orbital relay system and ended up with this beast, which is basically a mobile base -- have NO IDEA what I'm doing with USI LS, so rather than dipping my toe in, I've decided to deploy a nuclear submarine. :rolleyes:

She crews six, and I think I have living space and LS capacity for several times that...May the Kraken have mercy on their souls.

-Jn-

Managed to get some great views of Gaia today:

smxlEET.png

unknown.png

aFzd9BX.png

And custom terrain, through courtesy of Google Images :D 

aDU1uC8.png

Improved the resolution of the heat disk around Vulcan

Finally, I fixed the textures on Sheathe as they were upside down, I forgot to flip the texture when converting to DDS

ZVXw5Rz.png

Edited by Gameslinx

3 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

In the not too distant future, next Sunday, AD... wait, what?! I have ten new notifications?! Oh, right... I haven't visited the forums since Monday...

Only 10 since Monday? Somehow I usually get 20-35 notifications every night when I'm sleeping... hmm. 

Maybe I'm just following too many threads. :P 

2 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Only 10 since Monday? Somehow I usually get 20-35 notifications every night when I'm sleeping... hmm. 

20 - 35? I come back from a nights rest, and have upwards of 40 notifications.

1 hour ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Pfff I have 2 at the most :P

Still trying to find ways to build big self-sustaining ships. It is just such a bummer, that these big monsters have so few dV in the end. :/

Adding a dockable resource gatherer to the mothership makes it only worse. :sticktongue: