What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Started a new career, one that will require work just to get the basic infrastructure for launching unmanned missions into place, on custom hard mode with additional ground stations turned off and kerbal unconsciousness turned on, as well as no reverts, respawning, etc.

Val was to be the brave Kerbal that would be the pioneer, the one that would go and do all the firsts. Right up until the first rocket she got into fell over on the pad and killed her :(

Well fffffff[[ ~ Please Stand By - Technical Difficulties ~ ]]

Took my baby on a cruise after work.. scary when she almost derailed but.. I learnt my lesson quick.. picked up the steering wheel and plugged pedals in.. trains arnt to be driven with trim, its very bad.. horrible almost..

full throttle most of the way due to the uneven terrain, unless severe overspeed this kind of gently rolling terrain is best left at full or near full power

soz about the mushy songs.. sometimes.. one just has to... feel close to ones locomotive .. you know.. as you do :)

well.. atleast I wasnt tooting the horn to sing along like last time.... ok im going back under my rock now :D 

Edited by Overland

I decided to build a craft with no symmetry, build guides, stack attachment nodes, or duplicates of a single part. 

IKjXmYw.png

Furthermore, I decided to place it on KERBALX! So, you know, in case anyone else wanted it. Trust me, you will not regret this fine purchase.

https://kerbalx.com/Dob23/TurboScrap-X1

Edited by Dobelong

2 hours ago, Overland said:

Took my baby on a cruise after work.. scary when she almost derailed but.. I learnt my lesson quick.. picked up the steering wheel and plugged pedals in.. trains arnt to be driven with trim, its very bad.. horrible almost.. full throttle most of the way due to the uneven terrain, unless severe overspeed this kind of gently rolling terrain is best left at full or near full power soz about the mushy songs.. sometimes.. one just has to... feel close to ones locomotive .. you know.. as you do :) well.. atleast I wasnt tooting the horn to sing along like last time.... ok im going back under my rock now :D 

Next on KTP....    you need to convince some infernal robotics crew to make proper knuckles for you. Do you use the unlocked washer and a hinge?

Today, the Enterprise D flew again! Finally with an actual warp drive installed.

ojK2RMR.jpg 

suixl4z.jpg

Spoiler

Unfortunately the warp drive pokes out when active. I have to fix that. Or try the variant warp drive newly released by RealGecko (who made SimpleLogistics and SimpleConstruction).

tuCeqri.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

The Mun Trotters continued their wanderings, 1 looping across the Polar Crater before heading for the Canyons and the Farside crater before heading south to complete a contract. 2 is closing in on an anomaly in the south and planning to loop back north to Munbase.

screenshot202_zpshnmfcdcq.png

However unknown to them Universe !.3 has popped into existence the next dimension over. A program so backward they don't even have their own flag or extra shiny stuff (except for Chatterer, for some reason the game feels weird without it) has started up. Having passed the initial phase of chucking stuff upwards (for science) they are now chucking civilians at space (for fun and profit). Current weapon of choice is the T1 Tyro which whilst only being a single seater has the advantage of not killing the self loading cargo.

screenshot2_zpst6tnxntf.png

Powered by a detuned Thumper she has proved reliable and litigation free with a lack of flippy flippy bang even without SAS turned on.

screenshot1_zpsgiefpuh2.png

So today I've been reworking my Jool 5 attempt and during testing of certain parts I've finally got my head round The Oberth Effect.

Understanding this has completely changed my design thought process yet made things simpler to work with during the building.

Attempt number 3 will launch in a week or so (when my wife and child allow)

21 hours ago, scottadges said:

I am so glad that you re-quoted with the video from Matt Lowne. I have a ton of respect for Matt. I watched his videos before I even had KSP on PC and was so excited by this game, that I was watching everything KSP-related on YouTube. Even more respect for seeing how he spent the time to thoroughly review, refute, and explain the Harzard-ish video.  

Sure, the Hazard-ish video is cool and I'll admit I was pretty amazed (before seeing Matt's video) how Hazard-ish got there and back with such little fuel (even without knowing the math). Then to understand that he "cheated" by advertising "stock" when in fact he was doing something else, it's just disappointing for the original video.

I hope Matt has gotten a ton more subscribers from the community based on his honesty in his video.

For future readers: I'm not sure if I can promote YouTuber links directly in this thread, but go look up Matt Lowne on his KSP forum profile and check out his YouTube channel for more excellent KSP content.

I found his being a jackass and trying to add drama and ruining a video which was just some cool inspiration, whether or not it was possible, to be entirely valid reasoning to unsub and dislike all the videos I had liked previously. Making "debunk" videos is just petty and pointless.

28 minutes ago, Captain_Rex33 said:

I found his being a jackass and trying to add drama and ruining a video which was just some cool inspiration, whether or not it was possible, to be entirely valid reasoning to unsub and dislike all the videos I had liked previously. Making "debunk" videos is just petty and pointless.

Dude, chill. No need to overreact. Anyway, the whole point was kinda about integrity, and also, the whole issue has already been resolved. We can drop this.

Edited by qzgy

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

Hmm. Guess I have to make a combined wing then!

Mind showing a video, @Triop?

Actualy I did, but the video is black. :confused:

I need to work on obs settings, new to the program...

But vids will be coming.

landed my first duna crew at the base camp in this playthrough

754538B16D48F4B291199ABD16013AE1D207F97B

The fuel plant coupled to the landing and ascent vehicle

ACC9A6DB8DBAA5702512626007B50ACDFF8097C7

hab with crew rover

4120741B5F51A8CCF7657591A73C01E745499B04

after everyone has settled in, the next objectives are to move the orbiting cargo ships to ike orbit and dock them to form a fuel depot, and look for a suitable site for a larger outpost on dunas surface

Edited by Halfdan

3 hours ago, Bornholio said:

Next on KTP....    you need to convince some infernal robotics crew to make proper knuckles for you. Do you use the unlocked washer and a hinge?

:) I have in the past to make a steering drawbar, it was quite common before I learnt to slaughter the autostrut :)

At speed though it becomes unstable quite alot with KSPs "new" wheels on the rear wagon..great for low speed trams though. Look on my youtube channel the KSC crewtrain uses it :)

At 30+ ms though short trains with docking ports..modified wheels are a tradition going back to 2015. 4432s a distant relation to 4408 of the elcano challenge.. Its ..not pretty.. But it works :)

33 minutes ago, Triop said:

Today some of @qzgy Raptors came by, so we released the birds...

What followed was a 8 minute long EPIC dogfight. :cool:

That was good. May need to refine AI settings...

We were at Mun Skyhome When we saw Kerbin come over the horizon which was cool but..

Even cooler than that.. at the same time Mimnus was rising over the eastern horizon of Kerbin.

dARsVIr.jpg

Edited by Daveroski