What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

18 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I need ideas for a fighter. I'll build it, but I need the actual plan. Needs to be either 1 engine or 2 engine, maximum of 2 crew, and have at least 800 units of fuel

Replica? You could try making a tomcat or a raptor or something.

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Hmm. Make a.... bird, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

By order of a discord server, I'm working on a Sukhoi. Only problem, Google Images can't decide which sukhoi I should make... I think I'm building the top of one and the underside of another

1 minute ago, duesenmilan said:

Something exotic

Saab 37 Viggen

300px-Saab_AJS-37_Viggen_37098_52_(SE-DX

Or the iconic Saab 35 Draken

Could you give me a Google Images link?

Edited by DarkOwl57

After some experiments which brings 164 sciences points it was the time to leave the North Pole.

eIZzzoi.png

78FL7Td.png

Sergei refilled the braking chutes while Steven planted a flag to the glory of the Klan. Engines started and...

3RaIdN4.png

began the take-off roll. With less than 350 fuel available and a perfectly flat land the use of afterburner would have been crazy. We then started to climb to 9000 m, still for less consumption.

JqB3sge.png

mHZb1Df.png

Less than 40 minutes later the situation appeared to be worse than expected... having less than 8 minutes of fuel remaining to fly over the water while maintaining the altitude. It was a necessity to find an emergency terrain to land. Some of these beaches seems pretty flat from our cruising altitude. The descent was then begun.

I0d5KoQ.png

YKqFY0K.png

Mmmh... two braking chutes with a slow approach speed should make it possible... arrrg, just 23 units of fuel remaining! Let's initiate the approach circuit!

bHGY24A.png

GazHslD.png

12 of fuel... to keep the possibility of a go-around to the front other beach we shut down one of the Panther to economize some fuel. Hopefully the craft touched not too hard...

KOgos9N.png

... its chutes ensuring a fast and brutal braking.

EYwdMPJ.png

- "Are you sure they will come for us in hours?"

- "I'm more than sure..."

bQRYbdD.png

- "The Klan never gives up their Wolves".

I haven't played KSP for a while. Today, I built another big hodge-podge space station. The round, gray panels are NF panels turned into Space Dust Collectors. I've added Space Dust resource and created an ISRU to convert that into Hydrogen. I was tired of mining ore:)

It's pretty much un-playable, just for-show. I get under 10fps just looking at it with AA and all lights off. Forget trying to dock something to it.

screenshot0%20copy.jpg

screenshot1%20copy.jpg

screenshot2%20copy.jpg

screenshot3%20copy.jpg

screenshot4%20copy.jpg

screenshot6%20copy.jpg

screenshot7%20copy.jpg

screenshot8%20copy.jpg

screenshot9%20copy.jpg

screenshot10%20copy.jpg

screenshot11%20copy.jpg

screenshot13%20copy.jpg

Edited by Kerbital

4 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I need ideas for a fighter. I'll build it, but I need the actual plan. Needs to be either 1 engine or 2 engine, maximum of 2 crew, and have at least 800 units of fuel

schematics.jpg

@Kerbital Where is pictures, they are lost! Gigantic stations have been abducted.

I continued to test DRE specifically the HIAD (Hypersonic Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator) | NASA   Made a 2016/2017 NASA study based mars lander/ascent vehicle using it.  The DRE HIAD is currently 15m and not deflatable (yet).  So 70tons slamming into Martian atmosphere with a little retro thrust to get drogues to open.  A bit more to open main parachutes, and yet a bit more to land the thing after cutting all the blasted chutes. Bunch of parts come from a RO submod called RealISRU that tries to replicate more accurately the envisioned fuel making process on mars.

The liquid methane NTR that delivered it had around 4kdV for mars minimal transfer and a small correction midcourse then PE adjustment entering Mars SOI.

IfguZoS.png

Coming into Mars interface.

BFFJSSL.png

Entry Descent and Landing (EDL)

Spoiler

ReMy2hF.png

cxtBsi3.png

ryuYRJT.png

cY3Fuar.png

CcLDR72.png

cMBoA1f.png

WZoPF3s.png

Refueled and ready to meet the incoming transfer vessel.

3Ug6kAf.png

Back in mars orbit 140km

YY0iImz.png

Album

Edited by Bornholio

On 6/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, qzgy said:

Cool thing. What happened to Sergei's face?

Thanks and sorry for being so late. Hopefully ME gives you the answer. It's an annoying thing I got with a stock alike Soyuz descent module I tried to make. Offsetting three Mk1pods to make it. There was no playing or structural problems but the crew images were screwed up by this.

To be back to the topic I've seen there was a lot of tadpole-like or super compact aircraft online so it gives me the desire to try. And here come the "Triton", no taxi and flights test, just a dumb concept made to see if it will fly :

7lUUIn3.png

6uzvgzU.png

Roll is awesome, the pitch terrible!

ulBLw8M.png

- Tower, this is Green Rider requesting a flyby.

O90bHqD.png

- Negative, Green Rider, the pattern is full.

SGYOCt9.png

- "YEEEHAAAAAAAAaaaa" (look at his face)

- "%@#$!!! This son of...!!! Wernher one of your damned flying clowns once again buzz my tower at more than 700 knots!"

yujqMEw.png

This pitch control is so terrible, I felt like no landing in one piece will be possible.

cYWIov2.png

99WUZya.png

Full reverse and everything went well!

Now Steven was not aware that Werner and the Air Boss were waiting for him on the tarmac.

Edited by XB-70A

@XB-70A Yeah, I saw the response from ME. Also annoying to have that kind of problem. Guess its just a result of the game.

That aircraft reminds me of a geebee air racer. Take my like.

44 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Thank you. Surprisingly I haven't even think about these legends when I made it. Yet the concept well is the same, putting the most powerful engine in the most compact cell.

Edited by XB-70A