What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

6 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Basics of the Buffalo mod's new engine nacelle rotator (prototype part shown) is now working:

hpL1OIX.png

I also did some code refactoring, and I think I can tie the system into the existing hover manager (currently used for the JetWing).

And yup, design looks very, very familiar...

CKgTPDW.jpg

Mission complete, lifted off and docked.

ssaRFk4.png

Transferred crew, remaining RCS and fuel back to command ship. Undocked and the empty ascent module will stay in a 30 km orbit. LM is shown on the surface.

3FUifKK.png

And a successful re-entry and the crew return home. All-in-all, a spot perfect first Munar mission.

NYu93KW.png

I found a thing on Gael.

ggQkLkv.png

I also learned that the big landing gear don't steer, and shouldn't be used as nose wheels.  This plane handled like a pig on the ground, even using differential thrust.

Edited by Norcalplanner
typos

(1.1.3) Another slow day yesterday, and unfortunately no screenies today. Attempted three times over the half-hour that I had available to play to find a suitable launch window for an Auk VIII heavy tanker spaceplane to the Kerbinport space station, but by the time it finally came up I had to quit the game. First thing on the order of bu-isness today.

Meanwhile, the Hojo Eta outpost made its correct burn to put in on a course to Minmus, where it will arrive in thirteen days. Rendezvous operations between the Mission Bloat 7 engineering/rescue craft and the Kerbinport space station then commenced, with the former craft having recently picked up scientist Leema Kerman from LKO. Mission Bloat had to go low to catch up to the station and then go high when she inadvertently passed it. The craft should pass within 200 meters of the space station in about another half hour or so on its new trajectory. I also successfully completed the mission to change the orbit of the Faux News 1 probe (renaming it from it's previous mouthful). Have yet to examine the replacement contract for that one.

This morning I've offered instructions on how to add custom flags to the Decal Stickers mod. Not sure yet whether I offended the person who asked for them or not; certainly wasn't my intention to do so. Mostly.

Edited by capi3101

A few days ago i fell in love with blackheart612's mods. So the space program is basically stagnating and i've spent the whole day yesterday in the SPH...

I wanted to use the landing gear that comes with Firespitter, but it acts funny. The planes start jumping like mad as soon as they touch the ground for the first time after being loaded on the landing strip.

F27gFgV.png

Wj2sW5O.png

8v7Cujn.png

eUbGW7u.png

RufeP0h.png

U412S7U.png

irdQL3P.png

42 minutes ago, Salvator said:

A few days ago I fell in love with blackheart612's mods. So the space program is basically stagnating and I've spent the whole day yesterday in the SPH...

I wanted to use the landing gear that comes with Firespitter, but it acts funny. The planes start jumping like mad as soon as they touch the ground for the first time after being loaded on the landing strip.

I have had the exact same problem with Firespitter.

12 minutes ago, Hotaru said:

FKJNoCU.jpg?1

Back in my sandbox game, about 6 months ago, I killed Bill trying to make a dream chaser replica. Your one looks similar to mine. Though, I expect they all look similar, 'cause they use mk2 parts. So there I was, in the SPH, putting the shuttle on some rover wheels and a platform, rolling it out beside the mk1 pod memorial, to use as a memorial to the great kerbonaut, and Bill comes swaggering in through into the astronaut complex, good as new. And all his family are like, 'What?' Turns out I had respawn dead crew on. :-)

18 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

Jeb and Val died in vain

Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Val, are all just figureheads... they're PR reps for the media... that's why I never send them on missions, I always use the 'others' - you know, those 'Red Shirts'. :wink:

19 hours ago, LordFerret said:

I built and launched a little ion tug so to move my Hubble telescope up to a higher orbit. All went well until I undocked the tug. I'd left SAS on course hold, and while undocking the telescope, also on course hold, it swung around smashing into the tug and obliterating its solar panels (it also took out two of the tug's four panels).

Doh.

I ended up deorbiting the whole mess.

I still have a Duna encounter coming up; I've been patiently waiting on a ship on its way out there. Let's see what kind of trouble I can get into with that.

It sounds like you had one of those "not enough coffee" days! I had one this morning. Thank God for the <control> <Z> combination when in the SPH mode!

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

It sounds like you had one of those "not enough coffee" days! I had one this morning. Thank God for the <control> <Z> combination when in the SPH mode!

There is never enough coffee if you ask me. :wink:

I have tried CTRL-Z in the past, in the VAB, and it not do what I was expecting. Half the time it did nothing, and the other half remove more than just my 'last move'. :/

6 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Val, are all just figureheads... they're PR reps for the media... that's why I never send them on missions, I always use the 'others' - you know, those 'Red Shirts'. :wink:

I have my favorite Red Shirts that avoid the limelight like the plague. The PR craving folks get all the missions where there is a high probability someone isn't coming home. The working stiffs are used to the glory grabbers. They are ok with it because they get to go home to their families each night with tired muscles and a clean conscience. Just like RL. 

3 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

There is never enough coffee if you ask me. :wink:

I have tried CTRL-Z in the past, in the VAB, and it not do what I was expecting. Half the time it did nothing, and the other half remove more than just my 'last move'. :/

One of the best and worst things my wife did was give me a Keurig a year ago. I can now have coffee, hot and fresh, on demand! :wink:

CTRL-Z works well for me, but CTRL-X  never has, although many people swear by it.

6e4eUsI.jpg

3Lu3GHW.jpg

I found the need for a sea plane tender and am loosely basing the design on the U.S.S. Pine Island, AV-12.

0184.jpg

Now granted, the ship will not be to scale compared to the Pine Island photograph above (she could actually haul PBYs out of the water, refuel them, and even repair them in the hangar, which comprised about 1/3 of the ship, with the deck on the aft 1/3 deck being closer to the sea level. I might ask @Fengist, who asked for ideas, to look at doing such an adapter as what's seen above. Anyhow, the main idea in mine is to be a refueling, recrew, and resupply vessel for sea planes.

One more in here and I'm done for the day...

I deorbited a "mission completed" SCANsat probe over Duna, coming down over the polar pinch. With the preliminary mapping of Duna done, I just may have to run a rover through there. Looks pretty wild. :)
f03dOUx.png

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

Hummm... I thought I was the only one who put gear at the tail end of the plane, to keep the engine from dragging the runway during takeoff/rotation. :)

I think I learned it from @Wanderfound's tutorials and examples back in the 0.90 days :)  If you need more than a few degrees pitch to lift off, you've built the plane wrong and it's going to be a PITA to land!

3 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Sweeeeet! Movie set ready. Mods involved?

Thank you:) Oh yes, lots of mods. I installed pretty much any mod that gives me extra structural parts, engines, tanks, all Near Future mods, etc. I love mods:) I really like building ships, I spend a lot more time building than actually flying. Not all are even practical.

Edited by Kerbital