Xeldrak

What did you do in KSP today?

35449 posts in this topic

This is the second attempt (mostly successful) at launching my trio of relay satellites around GaelICpS4xu.png

My first attempt proved what happens when your satellites clip together inside the payload fairing (An incredible amount of parts get blown everywhere the moment they are decoupled haha.

I was pretty happy that I managed to get them into a decent orbit eventually... until I realized my antennas were nowhere near powerful enough to be used as relays....:mad: 

3 people like this

Doing my first Duna/Ike mission in my current career. Small lander (for Ike), an orbiter module and a pack of relays (2 x RA-100 for polar relays and 3 x RA-2 for low equatorial Duna orbit). The "classic" team is on this one: Jeb, Bill and Bob. Here are some screenies:

K2jnvCk.png

cXSdLU4.png

HaBEcKg.png

MxoYvz2.png

Z6Z4GyU.png

7 people like this

I returned my manned  Lander Mission from the surface of Duna.

fFHKtSw.jpg

I also placed a new orbital station in orbit around Eve.

YyuLmuy.jpg

6 people like this

(1.1.3) Yesterday after taking the time to recharge the fuel stores of the Deepwater Horizon refinery on Minmus, I decided it was finally time to launch engineer Phovie Kerman on her scheduled repair mission to the orbiting Bullet Bill 7 ion probe:

d2YSAsl.png
Phovie jetpacking towards the Spamcan 7 lander, passing the crane rover Lunkhead just after local kerbolset.

She had a wait of about an hour and a half before her position on Minmus came into a close enough alignment with the probe to launch. In the meantime, the Old Bessie 7 fuel lander, which had landed for a fueling run at Deepwater Horizon during the previous session, was returned successfully to the Minmusport space station - the station's fuel stores are definitely sufficient to support future excursions for the foreseeable future. 

The Spamcan 7 lander's launch window came up next and launched with Phovie aboard into a 10k polar orbit around Minmus. She made a 30 m/s burn after achieving orbit to bring the craft up to an interest point in three orbits. While I was waiting for that time to pass, KAC sounded the next Mission Control alarm for a new contract, which turned out to be for a group of two Minmus bound tourists. Went ahead and accepted the contract before going back to the Spamcan. Phovie successfully rendezvoused with the probe:

PcXWsH8.png
Phovie on EVA between Bullet Bill 7 (left) and the Spamcan 7 lander (right)

The mission to fit a new antenna on the probe was a success. Phovie returned to the Spamcan and reduced her orbit back to 10 kilometers, at which point her concern became returning to Deepwater Horizon. She had about 800 m/s of delta-V remaining, which turned out to be plenty to attempt to perform a direct plane change for landing. She safely returned to the refinery with about 400 m/s of delta-V to spare, coming down so close to the refinery that I had to roll the craft so their respective solar panels wouldn't collide with one another:

ZIsSvXp.png
Spamcan 7 returning to the Deepwater Horizon refinery site, with Lunkhead (left), Deepwater Horizon (center) and the Jiffy Lube 7 parts supply craft (right) visible.

The Spamcan was refueled, Phovie re-boarded the refinery and the waiting scientists Danwig and Isavie Kerman were loaded aboard the Spamcan for a trip up to Minmusport. DH has already refilled its supply of monoprop as well.

The real crapper of it is that the game still hasn't awarded Bullet Bill with the completion of its mission, despite the fact that it now meets all the requirements. I may give it one more shot today, but if the game still won't count it, a new probe launch is going to be in order. Which would be a real shame, given how close Bullet Bill's orbit is to the requirement parameters of its mission...

Next session I'll be sending the Spamcan up to Minmusport and sending up my two tourists from KSC to the Kerbinport space station. Since I want to pick up Isavie and Danwig from Minmus, I have four tourists wanting to go to Minmus and Mün and two KSC staff requiring two-star training, I'll probably launch one of my available ferry craft - probably The Great Artiste - on an expedition shortly thereafter. Tater Catcher 7 is also about a day away from finally returning to Kerbin's SOI; gonna have a rock to put into orbit soon.

3 people like this

I really watch to much TV.

LHLJKPl.png

b1AOWNc.png

2 people like this

Testing the replica of ka50 black shark (successful)

Testing the replica of mi8 hip (failed, crashed. A lot)

Back to SPH

Posted (edited)

Hey all Kerbalikers.

http://imgur.com/a/s7cQE

Today I launched 101 Kerbals, preloaded in Jool Station, and got them in orbit around Laythe.

IvdYer8.png

Once designed I went for the "All up" way to get it to orbit. Hummmm. Love those Asparaguses.

zDStJmag.png

aJ9xhAMg.png

After an uneventful 4 years they entered the Joolien system and used Laythe to achieve capture.

Pyx5pXI.png

After another 2 orbits of Jool Jeb inserted the ship around Laythe and circularized the orbit at 150 km.

Jeb:

I have been sitting 4 years in this chair.

I am going for a walk!

gOJztFI.png

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant
11 people like this

Posted (edited)

MOON!

Failed...but live kerbal so its all good.

oKGBCd1.pngWMqXVCk.png

KoGqskL.pngU3Gp48X.png

AE4uMLA.png

Moon II& III

'cause I forgot II was in flight.

AlPWOLe.pngpMk9H2M.png

mOxlOra.pngHxVO5xl.png

1vChv4f.pngfBU1gkU.png

0sKIRYQ.pngXQfAUMF.png

9MgczVc.png8TTyJ5u.png

ARsdHM0.pngMOIffJZ.pngi0L7dt9.pngZ5zWFFj.png

exu0Sdw.png

Edited by Bornholio
7 people like this

F5SzQKI.png

5 people like this

4 minutes ago, Triop said:

F5SzQKI.png

Add some lights and it'll look like 10 times better from the inside

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Triop said:

F5SzQKI.png

Ran out of "Likes"....Again.

Time to pass some cookies.

Here. Have one.

ME

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

today I struggled for hours on my not working infernal robotics mod to make it work... 

still doesn't work

Edited by Tomato29
1 person likes this

Inspired by @hazard-ish's three-times-to-mun video, I tried to do it to myself. 

I'm pretty much done with the part that goes from LMO to the surface and back to Kerbin (the third and last landing). I was in the process of testing the part that would lift the contraption to LMO, but then KSP crashed (:(), so I shut down my laptop.

And the best part is,

It doesn't use cheats! 

Spoiler

I'm sorry, I had to. Please forgive me @hazard-ish...

49 minutes ago, Tomato29 said:

today I struggled for hours on my not working infernal robotics mod to make it work... 

still doesn't works

Been there, but thrust me, it works.

Do you have MagicSmokeIndustries mod ?

I believe that helped, not sure but the answer is on this forum somewhere...

Don't give up, goodluck. :cool:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Triop said:

Been there, but thrust me, it works.

Do you have MagicSmokeIndustries mod ?

I believe that helped, not sure but the answer is on this forum somewhere...

Don't give up, goodluck. :cool:

The 1.2.2 RO/RP-0 dev version works mostly.  https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.10  if you have the right KJR release

@Tomato29

Waiting the eternal "release version" time. 

Edited by Bornholio
1 person likes this

Exploring some Jool moons! :D

Lc4wSLI.png

I also tried to build some shuttle/plane/something that can actually flight nicely, but i'm horrible at it, do you guys know about any good basic guide? 

3 people like this

Finally made it to Duna, my first time ever leaving Kerbin's SOI

No idea how I got this to work but it's probably my life's new greatest accomplishment

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Cristy2017 said:

Exploring some Jool moons! :D

I also tried to build some shuttle/plane/something that can actually flight nicely, but i'm horrible at it, do you guys know about any good basic guide? 

RCS Build Aid Mod.  Keep Dry (Red) and Wet C.o.Mass. (Yellow) close together.  Keep C.o.Lift. (Blue) slightly behind both CoM indicators.  Put Rear Gear behind rear CoM but close.  Put C.o.Thrust(Pink) in line with CoM.

Set one control surface pair to Pitch only (Canards and or Rear Elevators), Set main wing control surfaces to Roll only, others on main wing to Roll/Pitch if needed, Set Rear Stabilizer to Yaw only.

Lower most of the the control Authority to 30-50%.  If you're stock, find out the Dry CoM by emptying the tanks.

Make sure wheels are all aligned vertical and balance biaxially (side to side).  Wheel level front to back will change how takoff and landing are, simple is keep them flat.  Tricycle gear is easiest, others have various advantages.

Edited by Bornholio
1 person likes this

Successfully returned from the Mun in my career save. Yay! :D

3 people like this

puting a lifeboat on the heliport at top of VAB

odz34b1.png

2 people like this

I did nothing in KSP,but i made something for KSP community-i posted moar flags in my thread! (second page)

Link is in my signature below

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, cantab said:

Designed a crew shuttle called Knight and took it for a test run. Found I had hardly any screenshots when I went to upload them. This keeps happening :( I'm starting to wonder if my keyboard's F1 key isn't broken.

Isn't there a mod that automatically takes screenshots for you at set intervals? 

Also, I'm out of likes again! And I'm still back on page 1316!

Here are 40126 m/s dV on the launchpad.

9EEt3KV.jpg

The two Kerbals start a mission from which they maybe never return.

suLvlkj.jpg

The rocket puts the two poor dogs in their fire chair.

D5Yo57B.jpg

For far too long, the scientists are guessing about what's it all about with this red point. They made calculations to determine the distance and came to the realization that no known technology exists to send a remote-controlled probe there. No antenna as large as possible would be able to bridge such an enormous distance.

8LPwFlG.jpg

The only way they saw was a kerbaled mission. And so two dumb idiots brave volunteers were chosen to fly there. Although it has been possible to calculate the required range of a rocket to get there, how the two will come back home but they have to find out for themselves. From home, they can not expect any support because they can not communicate with each other. The only thing the engineers could do is give them a rocket with great reserves. The engineers gave them one with an impressive 36111 m/s dV available. So they took the maneuver and flew into the unknown.

zWAAd1D.jpg

It should last 22 years until the influence of the red point is reached. The scientists have also calculated that the point of greatest approximation should be reached after over 37 years of flight time. Whether the space ship is able to withstand the enormous heat is uncertain, so the dumb idiots brave volunteers themselves should adjust the flight path at this time. Optimistic estimates assume less than 90 years of flight time.

SXrPs7O.jpg

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Setting up a maneuver node... 47y wait :confused:

RIyGQpq.png

Bornholio thanks for the help!

Edited by Cristy2017
3 people like this

2 hours ago, Bornholio said:

The 1.2.2 RO/RP-0 dev version works mostly.  https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.10  if you have the right KJR release

@Tomato29

Waiting the eternal "release version" time. 

yup everything was perfect but I was using the latest non-dev version of KJR making my parts glide and wobble around. Thanks for help but V8Jester already replied to me guiding me into the path of perfectly-working modded ksp

1 person likes this