What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

17 hours ago, Cristy2017 said:

I also tried to build some shuttle/plane/something that can actually flight nicely, but i'm horrible at it, do you guys know about any good basic guide? 

There is guide in the KSPedia. But i will tell you how to make a plane myself.

1. Make sure your center of lift is close (not further or really far away) to the center of mass.

2. Your plane must have enough lifting force. (wings,big wings, a lot of wings)

3. You don't need to have a lot of fuel if you are building a plane. Use structural fuselages instead of fuel tanks ,you will make your takeoff and flight more stable.

4.Make sure all control surfaces (elevons) doing their  special job. 

The last part of my Ike mission arrived:

6VGB98n.jpg

Ike orbit achieved, detaching transport tug.

f5P20Hm.jpg

Coming down for a landing.

UYz73YV.jpg

My initial landing site ended up being on a fairly steep incline, which would have made docking difficult, so I fired the engines back up to try again.

2hhnhW8.jpg

Weeee!

6GDA4eZ.jpg

The next landing site was a lot better; an almost perfectly level piece of ground on the edge of a precipice.

lgI3o9v.jpg

Satisfied, I detached the landing rig. The rig itself would be abandoned on a suborbital trajectory, but the tug on top (which I brought along for its RCS capabilities, which I didn't end up needing for the landing) continued into orbit and docked with Ike Station.

tWXHf1o.jpg

Ike Mine's first crew, Jebidiah and Lanster Kerman, just after transferring over from Ike Station. Lanster will oversee the actual mining and converting process while Jeb will guide in the unmanned lander/lifter vehicle using the RC-001S's probe control capabilities.

tz4U9Lz.jpg

The only high-ore region of Ike was near the moon's south pole, which makes the process of transporting fuel back to the station more complicated and fuel-intensive than it would otherwise be, but I still end up returning to the station with more fuel than I set off with.

11 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

I built my first successful SSTO and flew it to LKO. Problem? I couldn't land it (yet). 

Pictures!

Assuming you meant SSTO Aircraft.  Dry Center of Mass is usually going to move back and commonly a aircraft that isn't really hard to fly on take off becomes flippy after it uses its fuel.  You can use a mod like RCS build aid to see the Dry CoM or you can empty the tanks.  Alternately use airbrakes or deployed aero surfaces to move the CoL and CoDrag back.

Hello pals and gals! How are you doing?

(i actually feel bad,it is some sort of crisis that i can't flee from)

Here is what i did past this time:

1.Launch of the "Tau" orbiter. Its mission was to visit both Minmus and Mun in one flight ,using gravity asist!

VO3wUsN.png 1MHT53i.png

1YoK5DP.png IsHlV9v.png

cSSILdD.png Lslh7J3.png

khIExXi.png MHKJuY1.png

2. Deployed  a small module to my minmus mining rig- The "Octos"!I used a skycrane to deploy it! (just to note:both skykrane and "octos" were sent to Minmus by the "Fallangx" rocket,i just didn't want to spam you with the pictures)

zzhXrNl.png o77KpiF.png

3. A succeseful launch of the "Polerion" sattelite + 4 cubesats for my friends(followers). (cubesats were placed near the engine and were safely deployed when i reached stable orbit). Speaking of "Polerion' itself:it is the first ever poler orbiter of the Mun!

OwowYAA.png xDq9slf.png

Jo2QcnN.png olrXMZA.png

4. A new and intriguing program-the "Blitztagen". It is mainly based on launching stuff into the stratosphere! Here is the new creation: "Paradise"

0wyYpiy.png 1MCcnLB.png

That is it for now! Don't forget to have fun ! (unlike me..;.;)

5. Screenshot of the day:

The touchdown of the "Tau"

QW5lW5Y.png

Edited by cratercracker

Hey KeSPerados.

Today I got the JoolsVerne out of it's mothballs (Do they still make them?) (Am I showing my age?).

Meaning I got it out of a save from 1.1.3.

I then modified it to add a few cabins as it was a bit shy of the new requirements.

Added a docking port and Vernors. Never used those before. Imagine that.

Then conducted docking "Simulations" with Jool Station.

WUighy3.png

The simulations involved docking with the North port and with the equatorial ports.

Next time I play I will be flying it in the normal way to Jool.

I am thinking of also sending a shuttle of some sort to allow landing of crews on Laythe.

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

Landed on Ike for the first time. Jebediah was the chosen one.

Ffmtsox.png

I found a very strange stone. It was floating mid-air.

05KZGQ0.png

I then reentered low orbit to rendezvous with my orbiter. After that I had no more use for my trusty lander. As I had transferred all of the fuel and there was no probe on the lander, Bill had the perfect solution for this problem.

xPbHsVY.png

BOOOM! :cool: This was my first ever using the explosives from KIS/KAS. I had no idea that the detonation would be that big. I was happy when I checked the orbiter and found out it didn't take any damage!

1HCXNTR.png

Edited by hoover2701

5 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Testing a transport plane.

EyjRejz.png

Need to make it fly farther, it only got to the edge of the big desert with the intended payload.

Droptanks maybe ?

Edit: I hope it's cargo is a dune buggy :cool:

Edited by Triop

10 minutes ago, Triop said:

Droptanks maybe ?

Either drop tanks or just sticking on more fuel tanks.

The cargo is that train I made a little while back. Theoretically, I could build a dune buggy to fit inside The part count of the combined ships is a bit high, considering the number of wing panels used and the replica Mallard inside (thinking about it, has anyone tweakscaled a mallard (palne) to be dropped from a mallard yet?).

25 minutes ago, Triop said:

Droptanks maybe ?

Nah, just stick more fuel on. The goliaths have plenty of power.

The cargo is the mallard (train, not the stock plane. I wonder now if anyone has airdropped a mallard from a mallard? Tweakscaled, of course), but I can put in a dune buggy I made a while back.

1 minute ago, Triop said:

keep the jets of course....

As targets for new missile tests? :wink:

37 minutes ago, Triop said:

O, and we keep the jets of course....

:wink:

I do believe that diplomatically speaking you must return the property when they ask for it.

Of course it might take some time to assess their military value to get them transferred.

Then when you are done dismantling every little bit of interest packing them for transport you return them. In wooden crates.

You also need to bill them for "Crating Services" and damage to the airport they landed at :wink:. Viktor Belenko: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Belenko

ME

3 minutes ago, Martian Emigrant said:

I do believe that diplomatically speaking you must return the property when they ask for it.

ME

We did inform NK about the situation, but they decleare that no jets are missing...

11 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

I extended my space station "SkyLab". First, I removed the oldest station core.

Then I added a new docking arm:

lGbveom.jpg

I also noticed that I need more energy, so I built new solar panels and added them:

f5vOJ5R.jpg

Finally I decided to add a second multi-port.

dBNCTRz.jpg

What mod did you use to make space look like that (like the galaxy and stars and things)

Pizza Delivery to Skylab.

iDgbRmD.png85IBFXk.png

More G's Please.

34FQtMs.png56faXrj.png

Hydrolox over the Bahamas

yQHtPP9.pngj8Uz77L.png

SKYLAB ...  need more RCS, like x10.

18wo9j7.png1Ako6ly.png

Oh I thought we needed space for six, skylab has eight.  Leave the extra Pizzas with those two guys they can hold out to the next mission.

Mb2b0QT.png

Why RCS must show fuzzies whole trip?

Why Connected Livings Spaces Mod.  Horrible pain in derriere.  All crew transferred via spacewalk because no path even though mod turned off.

Edited by Bornholio