Delta Payloader II

Just wanted to share with you guys this spaceplane I constructed here.

It flies really well, and can make orbit relatively easily, deorbit and land. It also has RCS, so it can maneuver in orbit. :)

Also, if you find yourself in a very weird emergency, it can also jettison it\'s wings off :D

Parts are mainly C7\'s pack, with one or two from Sunday Punch\'s and Silisko\'s packs. (and stock RCS blocks and tank)

Here are screenshots:

kBfhs.jpg

E4Ja9.png

Note: You will need KSP 0.11 x4 and the latest SIDR, C7 and Sunday Punch packs.

Cheers

Nice :D

Have you noticed that the control surfaces underperform a little in the new drag model? - its easy to get them to roll, not so much to change pitch (I\'m betting that plane wouldn\'t climb without RCS helping to get the nose up?)

Nice :D

Have you noticed that the control surfaces underperform a little in the new drag model? - its easy to get them to roll, not so much to change pitch (I\'m betting that plane wouldn\'t climb without RCS helping to get the nose up?)

Ahh, I made some tweaks to the control surfaces now, they\'re much more effective (they don\'t stall as easily as the static winglets do).

I\'ve spent the better part of the evening tweaking this plane here, to get a feel for a longer playing experience. The flight model feels quite good now I think.

Cheers

Excellent, look forward to that :)

I\'ve been playing with the new Mk3 parts building a Shuttle, complete with boosters and such. She was a bit of a brick coming into the atmosphere, since the winglets weren\'t actually doing much.

Sort of like the real shuttles, I guess :)

Nice plane.

Took it out for a spin.

Have you noticed that the craft seems to get a bit floppy after/during re-entry?

The wings seemed rigid during takeoff and during some atmospheric flight, but after leaving atmosphere and returning the wings were flapping, even at low speeds.

Did manage to land it though

FIuv7.jpg

0VXOE.jpg

Guest LoSboccacc

I wanted to test the autopilot so I\'ve used this craft adding an asas on the nose.

it seems that the asas is a bit too conservative when deciding how much deflection to apply to alierons, not correcting attitude until the nose is quite far from the target vector.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.