A Question about Orbiter

RangerDanger75

How can I give myself more fuel midflight? I\'m docked at the ISS right now, and I want to swing by the moon but I don\'t have enough fuel. I know I can change the mission parameters to allow for infinite fuel, but I feel like that\'s cheating. So can anyone help me?

P.S. I understand that this question belongs on the Orbiter forums and not the KSP forum, but I don\'t really want to make an account on the orbiter forums. I\'ll take the thread down if need be, or I guess a mod will, just let me know.

Some addon ships support refueling. But if you\'re rocking the DG then the only way is through the scenario editor module. Enable it on the launch screen, go to your saved game on the ISS. Press CTRL+F4, find your ship in the list, and go to the propellant screen.

PS going to the moon from the ISS isn\'t a very good idea, it requires a HUGE plane change burn. You might be able to do an off plane transfer, but your window would be very small

• 2 weeks later...

PS going to the moon from the ISS isn\'t a very good idea, it requires a HUGE plane change burn. You might be able to do an off plane transfer, but your window would be very small

I did it once in Orbiter. The Russians did it a dozens of times. It\'s possible, and while less than ideal, it\'s not particularly prohibitive, since there are naturally periods of low-velocity flight in a lunar transfer during which the plane-change may be more-efficiently done.

The way to set it up in Orbiter when you wish to go from an arbitrary LEO to the Moon is to (mentally) project a line through the ascending and descending nodes out to the Moon\'s orbit, plan on intercepting the Moon at one of these points, time-accelerate until the Moon is the appropriate distance from reaching this point, then perform your TLI at the opposite node.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.