My first Mun landing

Unimatrix1

Hi all this is my first Mun landing, it took me three attempts. First time i put the landing legs slightly too high so my engine hit the surface, second Jeb panicked (no i didnt panic honest) so he crashed my ship and he had to take the long walk home third time we landed perfectly. Jeb is now trying to find the nearest tourist shop so he can bring back rock samples for NAKASS (National Administration of Kerbals And Strange Scientists), no one has told him that all he has to do is pick up the nearest rock then he can come home, well its the weekend we will tell him on Monday. :D

Is there any way to fine control the thrust or should I fit RCS thrusters for control of final moment of landing?

Well done on your first landing!!!

It's also a good idea to try out the legs whilst on the launch pad, ahead of a launch. That way you know they'll be lower than any part of your ship which could cause it to topple.

Also when landing, try and pick a nice flat spot, hills aren't very friendly ;)

RCS does help a bit, more for docking. Just gotta be gentle on the gas :) Hit caps lock to toggle fine tuning controls.

G.

There are fine tuning controls?!? I've been doing this stuff rockstar style it seems. PEDAL TO THE METAL.

Cheers guy's.

Here are the screen shots of my landing well i hope I posted them correctly so you can see them.

FBguapf.jpg

Basking in the glow of my victory on landing.

vtQ0ERd.jpg

Smile for the camera

DbEb3o1.jpg

Hi Jeb this is NAKASS we need you to collect some rock samples.

8igixXx.jpg

Jeb "Righty oh Im sure I saw a souvenieer shop somewhere in this this way, wont be long"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.