Get this space station into orbit

I challenge you to get this space station into orbit, and leave it with enough fuel to get back.

I want to see pictures of your flight as well.

Here\'s a list of the mods used for the space station itself:

SIDR

Astrobugs Space Station Parts

Stellarcom CommsSat

The rules:

You can use any mods apart from the exelsior engines to get it up into orbit

When the space station is in orbit it cannot have any additions to it or things taken away

I want to see pictures of your flight or obviously it doesn\'t count

Good luck... you\'ll need it.

Done. All stock parts except for the space station.craft parts.

Was very very iffy to fly. Very top heavy. I had to add one SAS module below the capsule decoupler to keep it upright. If this is not okay, let me know and I\'ll refine & re-fly

Now at 97x136 parking orbit with 3 tanks of fuel left, I\'ll just have to decide where I park this thing.

I guess I should have added RCS tank + RCS thrusters to the pod so Jeb & pals can get down too.

Edit: In progress of parking the thing on a 300km circular orbit. Pics once complete.

Space station deployment, part 2. Parking the station to a higher orbit, booster separation, orbit circularization and scientific activities.

Mission complete. The supplied design included no parts for crew return. I\'ll probably do a second flight and add one RCS tank and RCS rockets just below the capsule so the station can be left in the orbit without the Kerbonauts.

Rocket design used to deliver the station to orbit. Had to use boosters. Lots of boosters. 8)

(Also caused my Core i7-2600K to scream in pain all the way to 90km+ as the simulation stuttered and coughed under the load...)

Well then, I think we have a winner.

Wow, that must of been really hard though, good job man. You do realise I said you could use any mods? But that\'s even better with the stock parts. Nice design, beautiful orbit.

Yes, but stock parts do the job, why go for cheating stuff? 8)

Real men use only stock parts - at least until we get the KSP - Silisko Edition realism-tuned part package.

Yes, but stock parts do the job, why go for cheating stuff? 8)

Real men use only stock parts - at least until we get the KSP - Silisko Edition realism-tuned part package.

Yeah, I just didn\'t think it was possible with stock parts lol...

I thought you needed bigger fuel tanks and engines, not cheat ones like the Exelsior engines which weren\'t allowed.

I already got that space station into orbit with it, I only made it for the fun of watching your space station in orbit and

not for the getting it up there part.

To be honest, when my first build failed to budge from the pad on ignition, I was tad worried myself. Had to go and look at the weight of all those station parts and ponder if it was possible.

Turns out, it was. The solution? Elementary... More boosters 8)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.