[0.20] ModuleManager 1.3 - for all your stock-modding needs

ialdabaoth

The @ is to edit something that exist. Since the TechRequired properties is not here you need to do

@PART[KAS_Container1]
{
TechRequired = start
}

That would be a mild case of derp on my part, I just posted the latest version I had whipped up. Since I had manually put each line into the part.cfg's at this point, I tried adding the @'s into the latest version to see if I could change the locations in the tree around. The first few versions had the syntax you showed.

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
TechRequired = generalConstruction
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Anchor]
{
TechRequired = landing
}

But, no dice. Will MM only read instructions from one custom .cfg? I've never tried combining all my smaller projects into one larger one with the functioning pod version.

Edited by Kinote

That would be a mild case of derp on my part, I just posted the latest version I had whipped up. Since I had manually put each line into the part.cfg's at this point, I tried adding the @'s into the latest version to see if I could change the locations in the tree around. The first few versions had the syntax you showed.

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
TechRequired = generalConstruction
}

@PART[KAS_Hook_Anchor]
{
TechRequired = landing
}

But, no dice. Will MM only read instructions from one custom .cfg? I've never tried combining all my smaller projects into one larger one with the functioning pod version.

MM doesn't care how many cfg files you have. It doesn't even look at the files, at least not literally.

Check capitalization. It's case sensitive, both node names and their values.

For a little test, I decided to try something out.

The start of the part.cfg looks like so:

PART
{
name = KAS_CPort2
module = Part
author = KospY
TechRequired = specializedConstruction

The little test .cfg I dropped into GameData:

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
@TechRequired = start
}

My understanding is that since there is a TechRequired entry in the original .cfg, this new file should change that node from Specialized Construction, to Start, for the part CPort2. In practice, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Just because it happened to me once - and as you seem to be doing everything right - do you have more than one copy of KSP installed and is the file you are editing in the gamedata folder of the KSP copy you are running afterwards?

Do you start a new career mode to test, or do you load a save ?

Edit : this works fine here when I start a new career mode.

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
TechRequired = start
}

Edited by sarbian

Just because it happened to me once - and as you seem to be doing everything right - do you have more than one copy of KSP installed and is the file you are editing in the gamedata folder of the KSP copy you are running afterwards?

I used too, but I deleted my other two KSP copies shortly after the latest patch was released. Back to just one and launching either through Steam or Mod Admin.

Do you start a new career mode to test, or do you load a save ?

Edit : this works fine here when I start a new career mode.

@PART[KAS_CPort2]
{
TechRequired = start
}

One career for normal use, and one for testing with only the Start node unlocked. I think I might make a whole copy of a stock KSP folder, start a new career in that and then throw in just KAS and a few lines for one or two parts.

EDIT: Starting a fresh campaign (within my original, fully modded KSP folder) with the following .cfg resulted in a big pile 'o nothing. What I'm curious about more than anything is why it worked perfectly for adding Engineer/Protractor/MechJeb to all the pods with that neat little module trick, but adding a simple line to a part is failing terribly when copy pasting the same line into the actual part.cfg works fine. The names all look right, most parts are copy/pasted right from the part.cfg itself.

@PART[stretchyTank05m] 
{
TechRequired = start
}

@PART[stretchyTank1m]
{
TechRequired = start
}

@PART[stretchyTank2m]
{
TechRequired = start
}