Platform Enigma- an off topic chat thread.

OdinYggd

My buddies in the Air Force ROTC program (I was in the Army one in college) told me I was crazy for wanting to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.

I told them that it was a good thing they didn't have any of those left.

Things got interesting pretty quickly after that.

That might be the best comeback to that line I've ever heard...

And "interesting" used in that context might be one of the real world applications of the Firefly/Serenity definition :)

Oh, fortunately we were all on the ground when that discussion happened (and none of them actually flew any of the planes I did jump out of; this was some weeks later). Some of us ended up a bit closer to it than others, though.

Naturally, none of our instructors ever heard about that incident.

Well, I was hoping I could keep it going until my KSP account's 1st birthday in August but meh. I have testicles, and they're far bigger than anything those trolls are packing. I use a female online persona because I feel like it, it's far more fun and has much more intrigue than any-guy-on-the-street me. Despite you now knowing the truth I'll continue using my online persona just to spite those fools who think for some reason I should be hung from a lamppost or think that you'll suddenly change your opinions of me solely on the fact that I look different than my avatar. I ask that you continue addressing me as such JUST TO PISS THEM OFF.

Yes, my name is Jake Getty, I am a male of the human species. But more importantly I am Chobit-389, a proud citizen of this forum.