Things that annoy you

Felsmak

18 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Rubbish? Take any arthropod and you will see why they've been so successful. Spider silk, beetle wings, wasp nests, they're all marvels of evolution and deserve respect, no matter how much you hate being around wasps.

We had a big palmetto bug get in the house last night... and I had to stomp on it several times before it finally stopped moving.

Yeah, I hate them, but I also have a deep respect for just how hard they are to kill! It's no wonder they'll probably outlast humans.

40 minutes ago, cubinator said:

no matter how much you hate being around wasps.

I like wasps, ants, bees, dragonflies, mantises, pyrrhocoris apterus, shrimps (not only eaten)  and especially - Anomalocaris.

But a strange thing. Mostly we see flies, mosquitoes and spiders.

26 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

It's no wonder they'll probably outlast humans.

If our nanobot army wouldn't utilize them.

On 12/26/2016 at 2:07 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:
  • -The media constantly reporting and thriving on bad news.
  • -People denying space.
  • -Flat Earthers
  • -Shipping fan art. 
  • -Gravity Falls shipping fan art (it's really bad. Check the spoiler below for some non-image examples)
  • -When my space planes topple off the runway for no reason.
  • -Any and all spiders.
  • -When my cat tries to eat the placemat where her food bowl is on.
  • -When said cat tries to drown my socks.
  • -When said cat does something stupid...which is very common.
  • People who don't care about science or education.
  • Mockingbirds
  • Pepe the Frog
  Reveal hidden contents

Stan x Ford, Dipper x Bill Cipher, McGucket x Beaver...it's a true horror story!

I agree with everything else, but PEPE THE FROG, HOW DARE YOU UPSET THE MEMELORD

when my family, told me, you know wink, you can have the same life than before and heavily insist on the topics

- i can't play lotery dna twice you know (this answer does not compute)

- i m gonna grab a butcher hatchet, put my head on the table, slice my head in two, grab a tweezers and rearange my neuronal scheme, gonna work ... (this answer does not compute at well)

you know there medication that can replace the tweezers wink ?
no ideas i never tried medication over 25 years or so...  and you ... sometime ... just...  just ...

wich make me ask what's the best guinea pig a scientist could expect aside himself ?

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

People who SOLELY blame NASA for fake photos and not revealling the 'truth' and pretty much forgetting about ESA, JAXA, Chinese Space Program and the Indian Space Program. Literally once i said to someone who was Blaming NASA for not revealing the flat earth 'Why haven't you blamed ESA and other space agentcies?' and the person goes 'What is ESA?' 

Stupid Flat Earthers

1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

Wait. So, ESA, JAXA, etc photos are fake too??? Probably, you're joking.

P.S.
How can somebody not know about ESA?

Don't worry. I'm not one of those people who goes around saying everythings fake. Infact i always oppose them and flat earthers are my arch nemesis. Im just stating that when someone says A picture of space is apparently CGI, it will 99.999999% of the time be followed with NASA.

• 1 month later...

the athletic people in my school who think they are the best thing since...well...ever...who think anyone who isn't like them is an idiot, and anyone who is exactly like them is an idiot...YOU CANT WIN!

I might say this every rant I can, but GET. ME. OUT. OF. HERE.

On 05.02.2017 at 8:03 AM, StupidAndy said:

.who think anyone who isn't like them is an idiot, and anyone who is exactly like them is an idiot.

The former they inductively suppose, the latter they empirically know.
Just they are philosophers.

Edited by kerbiloid

• 3 weeks later...

my scanner and sd card reader is currently broken, that annoy me right now ...

scientist that sometime tend to be stuck for accurate instant mathematisation and modelisation ... not considering obvious concept ...
is kinda like if newton was asking for a nuclear central blueprint without knowing radiation ... ... ...
first grab the concept, the accurate mathematisation gonna happen at some point, later ...
sometime nowdays it's like: no accurate math demo of tralalala whatever, so it's false or silly ...
all knowing deni ... because math is all ... still weather.com is annoyin ^^
(notice the previous paragraph is more a much older recursive thought and unrelated to anithing special right now, just a reminder in the void, sort of)

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

The people at my school who try to get me to push past my physical limits - you know, those hyper-athletes who spew motivational quotes all the time and say that pain is a good thing? Well, pain is LITERALLY your body's way of telling you when to STOP before you HURT YOURSELF. When everyone else complains about the cold, they say, "What are you whining about? I can handle this, so you can too." Ok, Mr. Polar Bear. Quit expecting everyone to have the same physical ability you do.

Also, that one guy that thinks that all trains look like Thomas, which usually leads to a conversation like this:

Him: "What type of train is Thomas?"

Me: "He's actually based on a real British steam engine."

Him: "NOPE! He's a TANK engine!"

Me: "Tank engines are a TYPE OF STEAM ENGINE YOU IDIOT!"

Edited by UnionPacific1983WP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.