Things that annoy you

Felsmak

When they use "and/or" for "inclusive or", but "or" for "exclusive or".

Everybody knows that "exclusive or" is "xor", while "inclusive or". is just "or".

P.S.
Also why say "not" as "negative" while just an exclamation mark means the same without words. For example true == !false.

P.P.S.
Also people have disgusting manner to say "and", "or" and "not" without specifying do they mean "logical" or "bitwise".

Edited by kerbiloid

ISP Helldesks.

*true story*

Trying to update CC details via webexcrementse -> Internal server error. -> Phones support.

Phone robot: Press 1 to waste time, press 2 to listen to hold music, press 3 to bash your head against the desk....
Me: Mashes keypad.
*Ring Ring*
Helldesk inoperator: Thank you for calling Incompetent IT inc., can I please have your account number or login name?
Me: *searches account page for account number, it's not displayed anywhere, so provides login name*.
Helldesk: I can't find your account.
Me: I'm logged into it now.
Helldesk: Oh yeah, there it is, what seems to be the problem?
Me: Your website is throwing "Internal server Error" at the end of the credit card registration process, so I can't update my payment method.
Helldesk: Okay, please *HOLD* for technical support.
5 minutes later...
Me: Getting bored, plays "Sales call abyss" into phone, opens book.
20 minutes later...
Helldesk: Hello? Hello?
Me: Sorry, had you on hold while I took a dump.
Helldesk: Technical support doesn't seem to be answering. Can you try the form again?
Me: *clickety clickety*, Yep, "Internal Server Error" again.
Helldesk: Oh, how about another payment method?
Me: Do you accept BitCoin?
Helldesk: Ah, no. But if you me your credit card number I can update it for you.
Me: Over the phone? *laughs* No. Fix your website. You do want paid, right?
Helldesk: Ok, can you try the form again?
Me: *clickety clickety*, "Internal Server Error"...
Helldesk: I see, there does seem to be some kind of problem with our payment system at the moment, perhaps you could try again later today?
Me: Close my account, I'll find an ISP that accepts credit cards. *hangs up*.

That's ~35 minutes of my life I will never get back, and the hold music is terrible.

Edited by steve_v
That clip is gold, link it.

-Social navigation

-Customer support

-My LG G4

-Entropy

-Snoring

-Civics class

-Procrastination

-That my birthday and Christmas are so close together

-That learning Russian is harder than I thought (It's a requirement to be an astronaut, I think, which is what I want to be)

-People who don't care for authority or education

-Politics

-My alarm

-Writer's block

-When the robot your team has spent six weeks building keeps dropping the gear on the way to the airship (Any other FIRST Robotics participants out there?)

-People who don't give me an honest answer because they don't want to offend me

-When I stay up till 11:32 doing stuff when I really should be sleeping

On 2017-03-17 at 10:25 PM, Benjamin Kerman said:

People obsessing over FPS games that aren't even good.

My kids wanting yet another FPS game when they already have too many that they shouldn't even be playing to begin with! They're lucky I don't restrict them to SW:BF and PvZ:GW!

On 2017-03-21 at 6:50 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

When you say something like 500 times and no-one pays attention to you

I'm sorry, you were saying? *checks phone, starts replying to text*

On 2017-03-23 at 2:33 PM, Speeding Mullet said:

People that drift-change lanes in front of you without indicating and going 15 km/h slower than the general flow.  Usually a luxury car.  3 times this morning :mad:

People that think that indicating gives them a right to just change lanes into your car assuming that you will get out of their way because Range Rover.  Twice this morning :huh:

Sydney traffic.

Sydney traffic.

Sydney traffic.

SM

Didn't you know that people pay so much for those luxury cars that they can't afford the turn indicator option?

Edited by StrandedonEarth

peoples that want always more for themselve without reinvesting accordingly thinking no one will notice and can stop by themselves accumulting for they own selfishness silly comfort  annoy me a lot ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

post cesar - 2000 ago local healthcare and disambiguation, and peoples 2000 later working all day trying to find a stupid explain reading and rereading the same story in 3 different languages not even noticing nthe geo poltico local context adapt obviouness thing ... yeah i have seen them, thoose guy sit all day and read that 2000 year old book totally missing the point ....

as a land surveyor someone give the keys of somewhere, you enter, you make a survey, then they use to build some stuff afterward ... so many place i have seen ... from sewer to roof, to military to mafia to religious building to slum to forest random individual and family, industries and whatever etc. & etc. i totally don't care

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.