Making a mod, need some feedback before I get too into it.

hubbazoot

I'm making a mod that will be "achievement-based," i.e. getting into a Munar orbit will give you certain achievements, and then moving on from there.

The question I have is this: I'm planning on having updates to achievements pretty frequently. How should users get new unlocks? Should they be downloadable? Maybe use some fancy web access to see if there's updates? Other ideas?

Like an achievement system with Steam. I would like an achievement system for KSP which is similar to Steam's achievement system.

Agreed. I would Love a steam-based achievement system for KSP.

Just so you know, Romfarer's Lazor System includes an achievement system. I didn't realise this until I reached Muna orbit with one of his parts attached. I suddenly heard a clapping noise.

Just so you know, Romfarer's Lazor System includes an achievement system. I didn't realise this until I reached Munar orbit with one of his parts attached. I suddenly heard a clapping noise.

I would like to see someone make an independent plugin that just gave a sort of achievement system like this... Maybe just like an in-game checklist sort of idea, the mod filling it in and keeping a record within the game when you fill certain criteria, like first time in orbit, all the way to multi-planetary landings and returns with all Kerbals alive and accounted for... Could be something simple that just gives a sense of achieving things 'one step at a time,' adds that sort of success feeling, and gives an idea to set goals on as you develop more ships and stations... Could even give challenges too, for example; flyby three planets in one flight, or put a station composed of so many parts in orbit around a specific body, the possibilities are endless... Either way, I wholly back this endeavour! :D

Another idea might be to see if someone can write a plugin to interface with the ribbons server. This would be cool. hmmm, if only I wasn't just starting my own mod, I'd think about it. *makes note*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.