Bottom node not working?

Hmm, the CFG entry looks right... what happens exactly? Do you see the node but can't connect to it? Or does it not appear?

here's a run-down of the parameters for a node entry... while the SDK isn't up, I'll try to explain everything as it gets asked:

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.07, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

node_stack - identifies this entry as a stack node definition

_bottom - is a unique identifier for this node

now the numbers, in order:

X Position, Y Position, Z position, upVectorX, upVectorY, upVectorZ, size

All positions are in model space, assuming Y-up convention.

UpVector is the direction of 'Up', that is, if the node is supposed to be oriented the same as the ship, it should be 0, 1, 0, which is the same as saying Y is up. This direction affects the orientation of any part that connects to this node.

Size is a number, from 0 to 5, that indicates the size of the attachment node. This is to later require use of adapters to connect larger parts to smaller ones (think Saturn 5 and it's cone sections)

Also, the 'scale' parameter has an effect on the node definitions. It's used to convert the model-space coordinates in node and effect definitions to the proper scale. This depends on the scale you're working at. KSP uses 1 unit = 1 meter, so if your 3D scene is setup like that, leave scale at 1.0... if, for example, you're using 1 unit = 10cm, the scale parameter should be at 0.1.

This is to make life easier when writing down positions for the nodes... this way, you can just get the node's scene position, and paste it directly (you only have to remember to swap Y and Z if your modelling program uses Z-up instead of Y-up, like 3Ds Ma does)

The SDK will include a 3Ds Max script (made by Moach, modified by me) that automatically outputs the correct coordinates for any given node. So you can paste it directly to the cfg file.

Hope this helps, I'll try to get that SDK up as soon as possible!

Cheers

Grr. Here is the line -- copied and pasted from the yet unworking config.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.07, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

Vector 0, -1.07, 0 -- set for node pos

Vector 0, 1, 0 -- Y is up

Integer 1 -- size 1

Looks right to me >:(

EDIT: Got it! After enough messing around, it works. :P

Hmm interesting... do you remember what you did exactly to make it work?

I'm trying to get information about all possible problems when adding or tweaking a part, so we can offer as much insight as possible on all those scenarios.

Nice job BTW! :thumbup:

Cheers

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.