Best mod to image a nearby planet, find stuff to visit?

I've landed a Rover and 6 Kerbalnauts on Duna. I put a probe overhead figuring it could see some kind of point of interest to go visit, but it looks like that's not the case. I just see super low detail craters. Is there a camera/telescope mod that would be ideal for parking in high orbit and looking down on a planet to find easter eggs?

With good lighting (you want side lighting so sun rise/set) and low orbit, you can see some easter eggs on the mun (haven't yet tried other places)

The rocket is pointing at a mun arch I found.

DDD0A02C7262036FB9E2A40F663677F6CF5A9E68

there is also a mod call Kubble space telescope http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kubble-space-telescope/

Others way as rovers are quite slow, it's to make a hover craft that would be able to travel greater distances fasters! but will requiere fuel

Seconded. Just build a probe with the Sat part on it, do a mission with it to a planet and place the probe in a near polar orbit (75-85 degree inclination) and just sit back as it orbits and collects the data. Once you have the surface scanned you'll know exactly where any anomalies are and can then plan further missions accordingly. Or if you're really slick you can package a lander probe in with your orbital probe, and once you find a target of interest decouple both parts, and land the ground probe and have a look while the orbital probe continues it's scanning task.

There are really any number of ways you can do it. All I know is the information is great to have. I love sending out probes to collect GPS and Kethane data in order to plan future missions. Everything from resource collection to station or base construction.

Just remember to read the notes for ISA MapSat because there is an issue with data recording or something since the update to .20.0. and I have no idea what's happened since .20.2. this week.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.