SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

The Raven Mk6, a seaplane SSTO capable of carrying 6 Kerbals into orbit with enough DV to do some docking

N9kZcdy.jpg

8ytvltd.jpg

IrPBcln.jpg

rIKlcYV.jpg

7I7aFxt.jpg

I designed this plane with Laythe operations in mind, with the mission of ferrying Kerbals between surface colonies and orbital stations. Hopefully it works on Laythe, because I've spent about a week IRL getting it there

CJ2wEBD.jpg

dEmZII8.jpg

Z11opbC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2023 at 5:04 PM, jebycheek said:

Introducing  the “Arcturus”mid size reentry cargo ship.

4f54紫外光.png5bNJ6jXk.png3rIVYlre.pngQXqG15jZ.pngdrZ7HCxc.png建议SCT7.pngkD5WwrGz.png

it's my best SSTO yet

Which mods are used foe this, especially for the cockpit, the gears and the engines?

On 6/10/2023 at 5:24 AM, Rakete said:

Which mods are used foe this, especially for the cockpit, the gears and the engines?

Body and main engines are OPT. Tilt engines are Mk2 Expansion. Colors by TURD. Looks like there are Procedural Wings too and a Conformal Decal (for the Rocket Lab logo). Gears are idk.

Made this all-liquid SSTO a few days ago, it only just barely made it to LKO with the low thrust of the nuclear engine. It does have something like 2200 dV after it gets up though, so that's certainly something

LeTyYrk.png

Edited by Lyra
Image was a dead link before

13 hours ago, Lyra said:

Made this all-liquid SSTO a few days ago, it only just barely made it to LKO with the low thrust of the nuclear engine. It does have something like 2200 dV after it gets up though, so that's certainly something

Better than the vast majority of my attempts. 

• 2 weeks later...

The SatDep IV (short for "Satellite Deployer"), capable of getting a 3-satellite relay to kerbostationary orbit with plenty of fuel left over - could possibly make it to Duna and deploy a non-stationary relay as well, but I haven't tested its full range yet. It does have some minimal part clipping and very weird node attachment, but it gets the job done and looks cool while doing it too.

Reentry is partially automated; I just have to hit 9 and hold prograde 'til the craft hits the thicker atmosphere. It glides beautifully and has a nice low stall speed when its fuel is used up. It's one of my favourite designs so far, both visually and practically.

vMoFJ1i.png

Edited by Lyra
Image was a dead link before

• 2 weeks later...

Built a cargo SSTO capable of bringing just over 40 tons to orbit with plenty of dV to spare (over 630!), just for fun.

VLEs5bP.png

r5jglx1.png

rOXu7gZ.png

pyUwd6w.png

Features include a partially automated reentry like the SatDep a few posts above, dedicated landing-only gear so you don't blow up your engines while touching down, and emergency airbrakes in case of reentry spinouts or CoL/CoM imbalances. Glides and lands beautifully when empty.

Still thinking of a sufficiently cool name for it - if someone has any ideas that'd be great!

Edited by Lyra
Images were dead links

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

145 tons to LKO in an external-payload SSTO. It's more than a little overkill and has a few issues, but i'm sure it'll work very nicely after some fine-tuning and removing a bunch of the excessive reaction wheels. At least it looks sufficiently cool.

screenshot363.png?ex=65717328&is=655efe2

screenshot364.png?ex=65717328&is=655efe2

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2023 at 3:18 AM, Lyra said:

screenshot880.png?width=1431&height=805

Hum...

I just might steal that.

ME

• 4 weeks later...

May I introduce: The Tengu Mk III

W3Z14VV.png

Something I worked on quite a while to balance it right [so that I does not become unflyable unstable when completely empty].

It reaches 3,43c (interplanetary) with a 5* engineer on board. It uses the KARE-Mod to get to orbit and be propelled in space traditionally. And yes, the fins at the ends of the warp coils are unfortunately necessary to keep it stable when completely dry.

And here the Sojobo Mk III (the god of the tengu) - It is the next evolution step of the Tengu Class SSTOs:

DdcyMF3.png

VubxJ3E.png

Two badboys of aux-generators drive this vessel to (for an SSTO) insane 4,55c (interplanetary) with a 5* engineer on board.

The cockpit is from the Prakasa mod.... Some radiator intercoolers from the Heatcontrol mod. And of cause the wings from procedural wings mod. Some linear dockingport under the belly is from one of nerteas mods. I guess it was NF Construction and some RTGs by NF Electrical....

The warp drives are from Blueshift.

Craft files here: If somebody wants them. https://www.filemail.com/d/ljnkbkuoweafpie

Flight instructions in the ingame vessel description - unfortunately in german... but you manage it, if you really want... Have fun...

Both are meant to be proof of concept vessel made by Zephram Kochrane as part of his Warp 5 program. :D

Edited by Rakete

• 1 month later...

screenshot606.png?ex=65f785b0&is=65e510b

screenshot603.png?ex=65f785af&is=65e510a

screenshot611.png?ex=65f785b0&is=65e510b

The current prototype of Crescendo, a superheavy "practical SSTO" designed to lift big, bulky, and unusually-shaped payloads to orbit, with as low a part count as I could manage, and look great doing it. Test payload here is slightly over 300t but she can probably haul a bit more. Needs a bit of tweaking but after that I'll post the craft to kerbalx for everyone to enjoy.

Also just noticed that all my other craft's photos are dead links now, I'll upload them to imgur at some point this week! FYI, Discord links to media will now expire after a certain amount of time, so don't use discord as a sole image host. Thankfully I still have the files locally.

She's finished now!

ZzWCgzp.png

xgxq6MQ.png

YCjdJuH.png

LX-300 Crescendo is now officially complete (at least, I'm tired of working with it for now anyways). Max capacity of about 315 tons to LKO and payload dimensions of slightly wider than 5 meters. I'm extremely proud of this thing even though better craft have been made.

It's also available for download on KerbalX, for everyone to use