Launch Pad Clamps

SteevyT

So I wanted to see how well I could make lander legs out of a bunch of lateral decouplers, turns out they are too heavy for the rocket to lift them, but they do make pretty nice launch pad clamps. Just make sure you get out of there before they fall over otherwise the explosion is big enough to wipe out your rocket.

Here\'s a video of them in action.

And the ship I used is below.

Lag? also I don\'t think clamps dissapear when detached, but the concept is good.

I\'m running on a laptop, I\'m glad the video didn\'t completely kill the game.

Also, the clamps I made don\'t disappear , they explode in a huge fireball about 3/4 as tall as the launch tower. 8)

Hey man great idea imo. Totally going to use this idea on vanilla rockets, was at a bit of a loss as to how to make hold downs for vanilla SSTO rockets. Cheers.

Also, here are the sort of hold downs I use on modded parts. You can\'t make them with vanilla parts as there are no radial stack decouplers yet.

Adjust your thrust, and...

VFWbF.jpg

LIFT OFF!

ZWFyu.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.