Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spitz

Moon Base

41 posts in this topic

Hi,

Why build a Moon Base ? It's useless no ?

Thx ;)

This game is a sandbox. You can do whatever you want in a sandbox. You don't have to even bother getting into orbit if you just want to play with planes and/or explosions.

I'm just going to go all the way and say, why play games at all? It doesn't help humanity in any way whatsoever. There doesn't have to be a reason. We just can, and so we do.

1 person likes this

I'm just going to go all the way and say, why play games at all? It doesn't help humanity in any way whatsoever. There doesn't have to be a reason. We just can, and so we do.

Exactly!!!

Well I find I relax while playing them, so does serve a purpose to me on that front. They also provide entertainment.....

But yeah agree with you on the general point :-)

I asked this question because we have many scientific instrument but it's all useless, it is unfortunate. Exemply; communautron 88-88 ? That's Ok but not communication with Kerbin... Not scientific data...

Ah, how use the mission flag ? I don't understand how use it.

Hi,

Thx ;)

Because it's cool.

Because it's a challenge :) You can also add Kethane mod, and it will provide a lot to do. Designing, flying and maintaining all ships you need for full-scale industry is not a walk in the park.

If you have to ask why then you're playing the wrong game.

1 person likes this

Because otherwise my career choice is a bust, and you wont be lining my future wallet with pennies.

Hi,

Thx ;)

Hi,

Why even post? It's useless no?

Thx;)

Why do you build a satellite? Why do you fly a rover to Duna? Why do you build a jet and try to buzz the VAB?

For the cheese, what else? :D

I will not dare to ask myself why I do all the stuff I am doing in KSP because i will lose atleast half of my interest and excitement.Let the things be spontaneous and interesting, question nothing.

building a moon base is:

fun

and you can add some fuel tanks to refuel landed ships, constructing some home for your mun-explorer Kerbalian

doing some rover docking feature in order to recharge its battery

for example: i built a rover with ion engine, so it needs to be refuelled with electricity -> solar panel on the rover + station base (when docked) and Xenon gaz.

but for now i'm still trying to land my mun station + rover attached...very difficult, but i did it once before the last patch, so it is not impossible

i landed once this one on the Mun:

A1E04DCA64C0959D706DAF3FBED6E8BD5667214A

Hi,

Why even post? It's useless no?

Thx;)

Toi tu sors, merci.

Toi tu sors, merci.
Don't be so rude!

The challenge, and it looks pretty cool.

Don't be so rude!

Trust me, it's no insult.

You can refuel vessels from a Mun base, and your kerbals can study planetology on site. Plus, the media loves the idea of Kermen on another world.

Why do it? Because you can. That's why.

I'm just going to go all the way and say, why play games at all? It doesn't help humanity in any way whatsoever.

I beg to differ.

http://freerice.com Answer questions to provide rice to starving nations.

http://fold.it/portal/ a protein folding game where anyone can work at helping scientists understand how proteins fold to create new treatments and understand diseases.

Not to mention the psychological benefits of collaboration that games allow in ways unlike any other form of media.

Ah, how use the mission flag ? I don't understand how use it.

Right click on a kerbanaut who is standing on a planet or moon, select "plant flag" I think.

Why put a base on the Mun? To research mysteries of the cosmos like this one: oarReUd.png