Project Armond's Hope

Introduction

Armond. It is a hope and a watch word in our culture. Five years ago an accident with four solid state rockets sent poor Armond Kermin in to interplanetary space. These five years we have been trying to rescue him. It is time the public understand the dangers of our space program and how much effort we are putting in to rescuing our friend in space.

Thank goodness he has enough foodpacks to last him quite a long time.

MISSION STATUS: In Progress

2013-06-01_00002.jpg

2013-06-01_00001.jpg

Told from the perspective of the Kerbals who run the show!

Day 1,885

"The mission to rescue Armond continues with the Armond's Hope command module under construction. So far, the tests have shown there seems to be an issue with the way the TT-38K Radial Decouplers. On the first launches, they seemingly release their booster for no reason, even under less the 1.5Gs.

After many failed attempts over the past five years to design an spacecraft able to rescue Armond, the leadership at Imperial Kerbal Command has decided a multistage ship will need to be constructed. This means we are back to attempting docking manuevers. I am really surprised they are going to do this after that fiasco with the SusannaCore Space Station. The habitat module at 250 meters per second in to the station should have been a lesson."

~Col. Krebit Kermin

"Decouplers, couplers, boosters both liquid stage, my team has been experimenting with every type known to Kerbalkind. We would like to respectfully ask the brass above to give us a break. Multistage craft are not easy to design let alone dealing with this bug in the structure weight for heavy lifters. We will get the command module up in the air as soon as we can.

On a good note, Deda Kermin is coming a long with his pilot training. Hopefully he'll survive the next test launch. I'm starting to get worried our 80% success rate for our kerbalnauts living is going to start dropping toward the 65% mandate."

~Dr. Mentel Kermin

"NOTE TO ENGINEERING STAFF: Please pay attention to the arrows on the decouplers and the engines. You want them facing the direction you want the flame and part to go. I will not tolerate another mishap in my department. I cannot continually justify whole sale replacement of our equipment. Furthermore, I tired of the jokes about our "fire sale furniture".

Gordon Kermin, Director of Engine Tests

2013-06-01_00003.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.