'Ellu

Scarking

Hej there forum,

My name's Scarking (or irl Oscar). I've been here before but that was before the great reboot so i'm here to make my new entrance.

I've been playing KSP quite abit, still gotta get outerplanetary but that'll eventually happen. I'm a student, doing Biology and Medical Lab Research at the HSLeiden. I like gaming, drawing, and practicing on my guitar(which i'm a beginner at).

So yeah, see you guys around i'd say.

~Scarking

Welcome to the forums! :) Sounds like quite the broad collection of skills you have there.

I'd like to invite you to take a look at the Drawing Board (link in my sig). It's mainly intended for new players, but you might still find some of the information available to be useful, particularly for your first interplanetary mission. Feel free to ask questions in the How To section of the forums as well. Since you seem to be the creative sort, I'd also recommend that you take a look in the Fan Works section and offer your opinions on other people's work, or maybe even contribute some of your own if you're interested.

Happy landings!

Thanks alot mate.

If i need any tutorials i'll be sure to go to the drawing board. Though i dont understand why it's called like that, might as well call it the tutorial board ;)

Now you're correct that i love to be creative but it's fairly rare i draw something because i think videogames are just alot more fascinating. The good part about that is that KSP allows for wonderfull creativity. If i get bored from KSP i'll be sure to post my creations in the Fan Works section ;)

i dont understand why it's called like that, might as well call it the tutorial board ;)

In English, whenever something goes spectacularly wrong in such a fashion that it's probably better just to start all over again with something entirely new, we have the saying that you're going "back to the drawing board" to come up with a new plan. Don't know if Dutch has anything similar, although we also have another expression along the lines of "back to square one" which means basically the same thing.

In other words, it's one of those odd quirks of the English language :P

Now you mention it that sounds quite logical, i don't get how i could have overlooked that :P I guess the Dutch could say it too and most people will understand what you mean but it's less common, i think that's why i overlooked it ;)

Anyways, do you maybe know why my signature is not displayed, while my profile says i configured it correctly? (a)

It seems to be working now. Sometimes you have the option to not let it show when adding new posts; it probably defaults to not showing it for new accounts, which might explain why it doesn't appear on your first posts.

I see, it seems my 6th post did the trick ;)

Well, i've gotta start learning stuff for the next 2 weeks, but after that i'll be continuing my minmus & eventual outerplanetary kethane station project