Larger, heavier landing legs, and coming in a couple of hours.. Fins!

MaryG

Hi all! first time posting anything, but I saw in the requests a wish for larger landing legs. now these aren\'t pretty but they do seem to work. Jeb likes bouncing with em ;D

enjoy.

P.S. kinda heavy but very tough :)

ok these are some test pics of the new 1 meter fins. they still need textures, but I can knock those out fairly fast :) (bounced on these also.. jeb disapproved.. they didn\'t explode ;))

ok the 1m are on hold for a bit, they had a few mesh issues. here however are the 2 meter fins, sorry about the textures, I\'ll be working on them more later.

Those legs are AWESOME.

They appear to have a problem with their collision though.

I tried landing on the KSP base terrain and a few seconds after succespul touchdown, the legs started sinking into the ground!

A few seconds more and the lander is shot up in the air (when the game realize that to solid object are not supposed to share the same volume of space) and torn appart!

Now THAT\'S KERBAL!!!

Hmm... Hadn\'t noticed that lil problem :) I\'ll take a look and see if I can fix it. also, more parts on the way. I have a horrid addiction.... old time sci fi. so I think some fins for the ships are next :D

--- copying from another thread ---

Very nice model, Mary! Maybe even too large, this time :D What program did you use to make the models? I could try and scale them back about 50%... maybe I could make a range of sizes and post a .zip, so everyone could use what they prefer. Blender works with this format, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.