how to load two or More Stock items, into the Build Area

I haven’t gotten this far as I am still having fun and games trying to get a reliably Heavy lifter to work, but once I do this, and I will want to start and use this Heavy lift as my work horse to lift all the components into space, like my space station,

if this possible, or will have to choose one item, and build the other ?

If you started the rocket with a part that is part of the booster (eg. a fuel tank), then yes.

Since you can remove the payload on top, put something else there and save as a different craft.

Theres also a mod that you can save/load assemblies as well.

If you started the rocket with a part that is part of the booster (eg. a fuel tank), then yes.

Since you can remove the payload on top, put something else there and save as a different craft.

Theres also a mod that you can save/load assemblies as well.

Yes, it's called sub-assembly saver -> http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/subassembly-saver-loader/ It adds a button at the top right of the screen next to the save button and allows you to save parts that you can load on other shuttles.

The thing is that the starter piece cannot be changed and everything is built from that piece. Selecting it will move your entire ship and selecting parts over or under it will grab those parts and all other parts further away than the starter part. Basically, the parts come off in the order you put them, so selecting parts underneath the part you want to keep will preserve that part while taking of parts attached to it in the order they were added. Will only stay, the parts closer to the starter piece.

The thing is that the starter piece cannot be changed and everything is built from that piece. Selecting it will move your entire ship and selecting parts over or under it will grab those parts and all other parts further away than the starter part. Basically, the parts come off in the order you put them, so selecting parts underneath the part you want to keep will preserve that part while taking of parts attached to it in the order they were added. Will only stay, the parts closer to the starter piece.

The starter part can be changed. Just drop it in the part selection menu to delete it.

Yes, it's called sub-assembly saver -> http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/subassembly-saver-loader/ It adds a button at the top right of the screen next to the save button and allows you to save parts that you can load on other shuttles.

thanks for the information, I downloaded the MOD and installed it as instructed but for some reason it is not showing the new icon. the version of KSP is V0.20.0.162,

I also have some new text on the flash screen "Run Unit Tests" ?

what am I doing wrong ?

ps. Sorry I type in the Wrong Version, I have the lastest Version 20.2

Edited by chrischambers

Um, don't know for the second part but I've heard discussions over whether sub-assembly was up to date or not. Seems it isn't and the modder is nowhere to be found so here is an unofficial compatibility patch: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30696-0-20-Subassembly-Loader-0-20-Compatibility-Patch. This should do the trick :)

Edited by Aknar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.