0.20 - PartTools, GameDatabase and new features

Mu.

Can the MODEL Nodes be used to execute multiple instances of a module? For example defining four LT-5 landing gear around a tank and have them all deploy, or a pair of opposite-facing OX-Stat panels which perform the suncatcher transform individually. My attempt at this seems to only allow the first applicable model node to run a given module:

landing legs use a module=, instead of MODULE{}, which means you have no control over what they do. If they used a MODULE{} there are certain things you could do to be able to include and address multiple of them. Until module HLandingLeg is replaced with a MODULE{}, this in particular will not be possible. Solar panels do use a MODULE{} but it references an animationName so I don't know if you can fix the addressing problems to allow for multiple in one part, without having designed the model that way from the start.

For some partmodules, placing two identical ones in the config make it work as expected, so you could try that. You could also see if removing the leg module and adding a moduleAnimateGeneric that does the same animation would work (perhaps four of them).

Of course, that would mean you'd have to manually add it to the Gears action group.

• 1 month later...

Um, does anyone have a sample of a full config file/functional part using the options specified in the first post?

In particular, I'm trying to use this:

ATTACH

{

name = top

transformName = myTopTransform

}

I have a .mu file created in part tools, and I have an empty GameObject child to the main object, put in the place and orientation I want my anchor point. But that ATTACH {} code doesn't seem to work. The transformName is correct, so I'm stumped.

The part shows up fine and works fine with the old method of doing "node_stack_top = 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1" etc.

Um, does anyone have a sample of a full config file/functional part using the options specified in the first post?

In particular, I'm trying to use this:

ATTACH

{

name = top

transformName = myTopTransform

}

I have a .mu file created in part tools, and I have an empty GameObject child to the main object, put in the place and orientation I want my anchor point. But that ATTACH {} code doesn't seem to work. The transformName is correct, so I'm stumped.

The part shows up fine and works fine with the old method of doing "node_stack_top = 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1" etc.

ATTACH{} doesn't work

excuse me, but the link seem to be broken. can't wait for 0.22 part tools

There's a replacement link in the first post of the previous page

PartTools does not update alongside KSP, it updates when needed and takes the number of the version of KSP that's out at the time, in my half year modding there's been 0.18 and 0.20; given the changes of 0.22 and few and insignificant problems with PT0.20, it seems very unlikely that there will be a PT0.22

So I've spent the night playing with the particle emitter that was included in the part tools, but I'm struggling to find a way to export any custom fx that I can actually use. Anyone manage to export some fx using it? Any clues as to how to do so?

I'd call that a problem... and an annoying one. Been waiting forever (almost a year now) for them to get on the ball with fx support... :) Getting tired of reloading over and over trying to get coded fx to look 1/2 way decent.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.