SUCCESS! and a little troubleshooting needed

mellojoe

I'VE DONE IT!

00jj0PH.jpg

Please allow me to introduce the Science Obital and Aeronautics Platform! The Kerbals launched their first manned mission to orbit about 2 days ago, putting a Kerbin in orbit though with no plans in place for follow-up. Our brave Kerbonaut knew he would be stranded with no hope of return unless his fellow Kerbal scientists and physicists could develop a safe platform of which to retrieve him. They succeeded in launching this ship:

sDFCxvH.jpg

Kerbal S.O.A.P. has now had two successful launches adding both habitat space, needed supplies, and research equipment. Everything went smoothly, although section 2 is reporting some stuck equipment. The middle section in the images shows the tiny habitat that our bravest of Kerbins has to endure while awaiting technology to catch up. The two arms, reaching out as if awaiting an embrace, were the result of countless hours of hard work and very little sleep. Two separate launches within a short time frame enabled this wonderous program to succeed. All of Kerbinkind is proud. Today has been named a national holiday to celebrate S.O.A.P. and the accomplishments of one Jebediah Kerman.

PS: Seriously, my 2nd batch of antennea are stuck. Right clicking only says "LOCKED" with no way to toggle. The first batch work perfectly, but this second ones don't. It is a duplicate launch. The exact same configuration, the exact same ship. See the ones on the far left side, nice and deployed? There are duplicates on the far right side that are still curled up. What happened? Is it a bug? Is there any way to fix it?

You can toggle the antennas to open and close again if you have them programmed to do so on a key command. To get them to close, or open again you have to go back to the tracking center then back to your craft/station/whatever, then issue the command again. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature.

I notice the satellite dishes... the large number of satellite dishes...

You aren't planning on launching JebTV are you?

No. Although that is a good idea. This is a Science module. FOR SCIENCE!! The cluster of dishes have been affectionately nicknamed Kerb-Sci.

So, I've tried a few methods for fixing these. The EVA was a good idea, but nothing happened. I tried bouning off them a few times but got nowhere. The trick of going back to the space center and then back to the station and re-toggling worked ... sort of. It toggled the left ones off and the right ones on. But I still only have half of the dishes operational. The rest remain fixed. In fact, thats what they say when you right click on them: FIXED. I wonder if this is a bug. Or a limitation on the number of active dishes you can have at any one time.

For now, we will just operate around them. I launched a retriveable shuttle to swap out crew members. Jebediah is now home. Bill Kerman is up there now. My shuttle design was piss-poor, though, so the Kerbal Research And Planning team have scrapped it entirely. The K.R.A.P. team has been challenged with finding a better design for future launches. S.O.A.P. remains operational and is still considered a huge success. And while the future of S.O.A.P. is not yet determined, all of Kerbinkind are looking forward to it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.