Whats is the stupidest thing you've done after you landed on the Mün.

warzone2455

On one of my first EVAs on the Mün, I recognized, that one can do funny jump-pirouettes by walking ahead, changing direction to the left or right and simultaneously jump up. Jebediah made the longest EVA in herbalkind's history just jumping around trying to do as much rotations as possible without hitting münar ground to hard.

jump around - jump around - jump up - jump up and get down!!!

:D

Jeb ended up on a 10km chase after a rover that rolled down the hill. Most of it was on his face after failed thrusterpacking.

I was about to post the same thing. I dropped a new rover from a sky crane, but forgot to set the breaks on. It starts rolling down a hill. I quickly land the sky crane, grab a kerbal and start flying after it. He catches up, then trips on something and goes for a 6km ride just stuck on the run away rover. Unbelievably, he didn't die.

After I didnt start my suicideburn soon enough and unforunately landed on my side breaking of a few RTGs. So I decided to use my landing legs and RCS to right myself but that only lead to a sudden vaporization of the propulsion unit and a extreme unpowered launch of the rest of my ship.

Once I landed on the Mun with one of the 3 crew capsules. I of course had the magic 3 on board. I took Jeb out for a stroll around. As I had him backpack jetting towards the ladder, I hit with a bit too much forward velocity and fell forwards sliding just a bit. When I stood up under the mainsail engine I was like "That could have gone worse." and then tried to walk out...Jeb was trapped under the bell shape of the engine and couldn't get out.

My first attempt to land on Mun was going swimmingly, until I was making my final descent and realized that the Nuclear Engine I had at the bottom of my lander stuck out below the landing legs. Tried to land anyway, but naturally the engine broke off, stranding three Kerbals (where they sit to this day).

My very first landing was with the Mei Long pod and lander from Down Under. This was back in 0.12, mind, he no longer makes mods. Shame, really. Anyway, the return module was based on the Dragon capsule, so it had little engines mounted on the side. When I landed, I was under the impression that I could fire these engines and lift off the descent stage to fly around and explore, then come back to the descent stage and use it to fly me back home. This did not work, even though I got some valuable docking practice setting it down on the lander. I didn't rescue them, as there was no having more than one flight at a time.

My second Mun landing was also with the Mei Long. That time they made it back safely.

My first landing on Minmus was also with the Mei Long. The gravity surprised and delighted me, and I proceeded to send 20 of Chickenplucker's LilTrak rovers there. Back in 0.15, we had to use the Carts mod for rovers. Unlike the current wheels in stock KSP, the Carts wheels were sticky. Quite literally, there was a stickyFactor line in the .cfg file. This meant that the LilTrak's traction was effectively infinite, and I spend a good two weeks skycraning rovers to Minmus and jumping them off mountains at 100 m/s. Bear in mind that the LilTraks were effectively indestructible, and bounced along Minmus' surface when they fell down. Five of the rovers ended up circumnavigating Minmus, and two even jumped off a hill in formation.

Neither the Down Under/Mei Long or the BigTrak mods are currently being updated.

Landed on the mun. Noticed I forgot to put a ladder on the lander. Returned to Kerbin without exiting the pod because I thought kerbals couldnt get to the pod without a ladder. While my deorbit burn to Kerbin reentry realized I could have used EVA pack to get to the hatch.

Next mission to Mun used same lander. When I got to the mun, still no ladder (at this point I laughed about my stupidity). This time used EVA pack, but Bob died from the wounds caused by the collision with a fuel tank while trying to get to the hatch (you know... his last words were something like: "puff")

I landed on the Mun and broke a landing gear. My rocket fell over. Then I said to myself "I know! I can still use the engine to slide across the Munar landscape!" I tried it and everything exploded after 10 seconds. Then I reverted back to an older quick save.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.