Mun lander kit Posted

MaryG

I may be crazy but the RCS doesn\'t fit on the fuel tank, its too small and according to the zip i have all of the pieces yet it feels like im missing one.

yes, I had to re upload the zip. I had forgotten a part. its complete now in the new zip, and there is an updated craft file at the bottom of the first post. hopefully this will fix the problems.

I love this... full of win and such. I constructed a launch vehicle that flings it on a ballistic trajectory to Mun distance then if left alone it will fall back to Kerbin with full fuel and land. It is the best Mun lander although it tends to bounce apart if you dont slow down enough, maybe turn up the crash tolerance to around 60 or so as the Mun wont have an atmosphere to slow you down so i forsee alot of bouncing crashes

Long time reader, first time poster on these forums. I\'ve been playing since the first release of this game, but this is the first time I constructed such a monster that I had to share it. I took the Mun Lander to the Mun using only stock parts (aside from the lander itself obviously). Of course I got to the Mun and still had many parts left over so I just jettisoned them.

Because anything less than overkill isn\'t Kerbal:

Edit: put some more pics of it up.

• 2 months later...

yes there\'s a trick to it. see the first post for assembly instructions. I still don\'t know why it has to be done that way, but it does work... or did, I\'ll have to check in .13.2 . when I get one assembled in the new version, I\'ll post a new craft file. should be tomorrow :)

yes there\'s a trick to it. see the first post for assembly instructions. I still don\'t know why it has to be done that way, but it does work... or did, I\'ll have to check in .13.2 . when I get one assembled in the new version, I\'ll post a new craft file. should be tomorrow :)

I can\'t quite seem to get it to work in 0.13.2 even following the instructions. :-\

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.