[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

Im not familiar with all the licensing terms, does CC-SA let people fork? If so, maybe someone with skills (I dont have those) can fork and run with it?

I don't know, but I second the notion!

Because its not that fast and easy to mix filters through all that parts,

specially if you are using "a lot of" part mods.

FE is a very nice mod, but have a different concept behind.

This was easily the best part sorter. FE is just too limited. And each mod ends up as a category so 70 categories? Not useful.

Time for something new:

1) define part categories (name and icon location; could have basic categories defined)

2) assign parts to categories

3) replace stock parts display

1) define part categories (name and icon location; could have basic categories defined)

2) assign parts to categories

3) replace stock parts display

The stock game can do that. But it´s a pain to assign all the parts yourself... I really hope this mod will rise again, too.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
40 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any interest in reviving this mod?  It will be a fair amount of work, but I may be interested in doing it if there is enough interest

Yeah this was awesome if i remember correctly even showed you which parts were newly instzlled, i would love to see this come back

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any interest in reviving this mod?  It will be a fair amount of work, but I may be interested in doing it if there is enough interest

it seems like it would overlap a lot with the already actively developed Filter Extensions mod, although the downside of that mod is you have to create your own filters for the most part (also its strength). This mod would probably be good for people for people who don't want to take that step, which can be daunting, even for me, and I've used it for quite some time (1.1 seems to have broken a lot of my filters).

Your call.:)

One reason I'm looking at this is while FE is great, and I do use it, I want a way to hide certain parts.  This appears to have that ability.  For example, I'd like to, as a career progresses, to hide the lower-tier parts, to avoid cluttering up the parts bar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.