[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

Releasing the day before an exam. Why didn't you check with my calendar? :-P

I've waited for it for months, I can wait a little longer. I want to set one of those suckers in shallow water on Laythe and launch ships (the floating kind) off it! I hope the launchpad doesn't float!

Quick question - what happens if you spawn a craft on it, then spawn another on it? Does it matter if they don't clip?

e.g. a huge, circular base that effectively surrounds the launch pad, leaving it clear for rockets to be assembled in the middle?

Do you mean you need to know how to build an ship with the launchpad on it so you can deliver it to the moon?

Its actually quite simple. I built a basic Duna lander, and then put launchpad on top.

HJJJamK.png

Noticed that as well.

Same here, although it still makes a useful VAB launchpad, as it is more folded.

I really need a tutorial for this one :S

It's simple.

Put a launchpad part landed anywhere, right click on the launchpad, hit load craft, select a craft that you built, bam.

As for resources, I don't know yet.

It's simple.

Put a launchpad part landed anywhere, right click on the launchpad, hit load craft, select a craft that you built, bam.

As for resources, I don't know yet.

It seems daunting because the size of the parts, but the Launchpad on its own is a mere 5tons. Simple to land as a 2seat lander craft would be.

As to the resources that's not so hard either. Mine ore/smelt ore to metal/make metal to rocket part/ make a rocket ZOOMZOOM!

(ZOOMZOOM needs fuel and such too, that's why I think this mod was made to go hand-in-hand with kethane...can make all in one rocket shop)

Amazing. I see a model of a launching pad, will be wonderful this mod with that model...

Great work. Maybe son we have an orbital launch and construct base... (i know this one is not for orbit...)

And with this and Kethane together, say good bye from Eve...

hahahaha

I had literaly just downgraded back to kethane 0.4.4 =P

guess its time to upgrade again, this is funny to me!

Awesome work, awesome mod! thanks for getting this workin with new kethan so fast, that's amazing

UPDATE: I have updated the plugin to base off of Kethane 0.5. It should now be compatible with all the newest parts. Get it here.

4Jxa1DF.png

This is hot stuff right here. Many thanks. :-)

Quick question...theres a mmi_kethane.dll file in the gamedata folder. where is this supposed to go? by itself in the gamedata folder as it is? and are we supposed to install regular kethane 0.5 along with this? i see no kethane parts in your package.

Edited by Mishkin_007

This is hot stuff right here. Many thanks. :-)

Quick question...theres a mmi_kethane.dll file in the gamedata folder. where is this supposed to go? by itself in the gamedata folder as it is? and are we supposed to install regular kethane 0.5 along with this? i see no kethane parts in your package.

That replaces the default mmi_kethane.dll in the Kethane folder if you want mining support. Otherwise just delete it.

Amazing. I see a model of a launching pad, will be wonderful this mod with that model...

Great work. Maybe son we have an orbital launch and construct base... (i know this one is not for orbit...)

And with this and Kethane together, say good bye from Eve...

As per usual, a member of the modding community beat Squad to it lol... We should have a count now of the amount of features people got tired of waiting for and just created themselves.

I remember they mentioned this in an update, or they were working on it - and now its released after they went silent on its progress (I have heard nothing about orbital building from them for some time)

As per usual, a member of the modding community beat Squad to it lol... We should have a count now of the amount of features people got tired of waiting for and just created themselves.

I remember they mentioned this in an update, or they were working on it - and now its released after they went silent on its progress (I have heard nothing about orbital building from them for some time)

- Reentry heat.

- Remote construction.

- Resources.

- Life support.

- Part organizer.

- VAB/SPH information.

- Crew manifest.

- More scientific tools.

- Actual more parts.

- Better aerodynamics.

- Fairings.

- Disabling / removing End Flight button.

- Tweakable fuel tanks.

- Externally editable config patching system.

- Better SAS / ASAS systems.

- Subassemblies.

- Fuel balancing / better fuel transfer system.

- Sub-1x warp speeds.

- Career mode.

- More VAB / SPH build options (EdTools)

- Dynamically scalable parts in the VAB / SPH.

This is just stuff Squad has mentioned that they are going to do, and doesn't even include the cool stuff that actually gives you things to do in-game, such as RemoteTech.

The model is way too basic for how cool this could be! Have you thought of using a 3D printer model from a share site? http://www.3dvia.com/models/1254FB081A2C3E10/uprint-3d-printer

Though honestly that does not look cool enough to fit this... Maybe something from Supreme Commander?

Gantries.jpg

Cybran-ConstructionProcedure.png

I really think there is a lot of potential for stuff like this, especially for multiplayer.

Awesome mod! Giving purpose to my little green men. Many thanks!!!

Bins are invisible to me too.

I'm working on this; it's because they were exported with the 0.18 parttools. I'm trying to update to 0.20.

The model is way too basic for how cool this could be! Have you thought of using a 3D printer model from a share site? http://www.3dvia.com/models/1254FB081A2C3E10/uprint-3d-printer

Though honestly that does not look cool enough to fit this... Maybe something from Supreme Commander?

I really think there is a lot of potential for stuff like this, especially for multiplayer.

I would love to have a model like that, but I don't have the time to make one; that's why I just made a simple model and concentrated on the plugin. If someone can make a model like that, though, I'd love to include it.

I'm working on this; it's because they were exported with the 0.18 parttools. I'm trying to update to 0.20.

Nice.

I would love to have a model like that, but I don't have the time to make one; that's why I just made a simple model and concentrated on the plugin. If someone can make a model like that, though, I'd love to include it.

I agree here, I would like one version for orbital use, perhaps also an small one with an 10-20 ton capacity to put on an mothership for spawning probes.

look through your dev thread, someone made an awesome looking launchpad model with animation out of excitement but you weren't there at the time so the reply sank deep into the thread, i'll link it here if I find it

EDIT: here I found it, probably a great a idea to work with this guy

Squad pretty much could let the modders do all the work.

They do, this is becoming more apparent to me by the day. It seems if you really want something added to the game, skip the Squad suggestion box and ask a modder :)

look through your dev thread, someone made an awesome looking launchpad model with animation out of excitement but you weren't there at the time so the reply sank deep into the thread, i'll link it here if I find it

EDIT: here I found it, probably a great a idea to work with this guy

I don't think your seeing that right, germalto is dev of M.M.M. mod...think he was modeling that for his set in anticipation of this mod....maybe im wrong though