[0.22] Extraplanetary Launchpads Legacy Thread

skykooler

FVqu8Im.png

QLPE9aV.jpg

6ebLpNA.png

iUYsF0z.png

Confirmed working with hooligans mods, the kerbal launching is in my iva cage and has an minisrb on the back.

This was at ca 17km altitude

ox9mqJm.png

Nice burning effect, would it be okey if i used it in my kerballog mod ?^^ WOuld give a nice warm feeling to it

Haha i had forgotten about deadly re-entry plugin so the smelter got really hot really fast and well, there was some accidents

Edited by ahappydude

Land a launchpad on the Mun. To launch a new ship from it, instead of clicking "Launch", click "Save", go to the Mün launchpad in the space center, and click "Load ship" and load the ship you just made.

No, i got not a build ship for build a launchpad on the Mun. You do not understand.

No, i got not a build ship for build a launchpad on the Mun. You do not understand.

Should not be to hard...granted the Launchpad is big, but its not very heavy. If you can land a 2man lander on the Mun you should be able to set this thing down with little to no mucking about.

It feels like I've tried everything and the Kethane drills just wont deploy...

This will currently only work with the drills from Kethane 0.4. I am in the process of updating it to work with 0.5.

screenshot4d.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Excellent work with this mod. Thanks to Firesplitter boyancy things, I was able to create a floating launch pad.

Only one problem, if I use Spaceplane pad, the ships that I can load are the same as if I use the VAB pad (I think it only load crafts from VAB folder). It is just me or it happens to anyone more?

Hey there, nice mod. I'm about to give it a test drive!

Just to let you know you're missing a License and Source file in the upload. The mods can get a bit jumpy if you don't have those, and us plugin devs love to see how you've done little tricks to pull appart and learn from because we're scabby like that.

Time to put a launch pad on the mun!

This will currently only work with the drills from Kethane 0.4. I am in the process of updating it to work with 0.5.

Yeah I've tried it with 0.4.4

Or does it actually only work with 0.4 ?

Just to ask the obvious question, if I leave the

debug = true

Then I can use any version of Kethane I want?

Once you get your mod working with either .5 or .6.. then I can turn

debug = false

and then I will get the 'fully functional' version.

Just to ask the obvious question, if I leave the

debug = true

Then I can use any version of Kethane I want?

Once you get your mod working with either .5 or .6.. then I can turn

debug = false

and then I will get the 'fully functional' version.

That is correct.

That is correct.

If we turn the debug mode off to go into your resource mode, will it automatically spawn metal to mine, or would we need to re-create a new save file? I have next to no idea how KSP saves these things...

If we turn the debug mode off to go into your resource mode, will it automatically spawn metal to mine, or would we need to re-create a new save file? I have next to no idea how KSP saves these things...

The modified Kethane plugin should make new deposits, both of Kethane and Ore. Note that this will change the locations of Kethane deposits, so if you already have a mining colony there may not me a deposit there anymore.

After a bit more testing it seems the mobile Launchpad is absolutely no different then the KSC Launchpad. I put the mobile pad on tracks (like in OP pic) just to test what it could handle. Just fired off my HLV lifter...a 300+ part lift vehicle I use to put anything upto 160 tons into LKO. And it fired flawlessly, whats more is the Launchpad vehicle was not damaged and able to go on.

Amazing!

OH MY GOD!!! I have been looking so long for this mod! Finally, no more 2 hour IRL wait times to send a fuel pod to Laythe! Thank you!

:D

Squad should hire you! Or at least buy off the code from you...

Edited by quietsamurai98