Naval Battle League 2016-2018

1-post in thread you wish to fight someone

2-hopefully someone agrees

3-decide on terms of fight(location, ships, special rules or guideline exclusions)

4-1st person post link to uploaded persisence file with their ships

5-2nd person does same using the uploaded file

6-fight and swap it back and forward through the thread being sure to include images or a video to ensure the legitimacy of your action.

7-Read the rules

Does anyone know what a persisence file is?

2 minutes ago, Sgt Doomball said:

Does anyone know what a persisence file is?

A persistence file is the savegame. Find it in <KSP directory>/saves/<save name>/persistence.sfs

It's often easier to use quicksaves for this kind of thing. They are in the same folder. You can name them if you hit Alt-F5 (not to be confused with Alt-F4) and loaded with Alt-F9.

After rearranging the internals and making several sections of plating more redundant, I've finally got to a point where I'm happy with EX-2's armour. This allows it to be able to withstand phasing hits and amusingly, survive a drop from orbit. 

sDsW0XQ.jpg

k6nEMQb.jpg

Admittedly not intact though.

jGZFpwG.jpg

Actually thinking about that it's a bit of a loophole, the ship could technically still move in an extremely limited fashion with RCS, and if I hadn't shot all its weapons at itself it would still technically still be alive, just effectively impossible to "rendezvous" with and destroy. You might want to add something forbidding that in the rules. I just need one more ship that I'm happy with and then im gonna start BATTLING!

(wait can you use multiples of 1 ship in battles?)

After adding electronic countermearsures i have finally finished for the last time ever the EX-2, and in its final test engagement I put it up against the MU infinity warship and the NX-16 picket which I found on the internet. I hyperedited in the infinity 3km away and gave the EX-2 the first move, launching a heavy torpedo which impacted the infinity, which caused it to spin and appeared to only cause moderate damage. However when I timewarped to quickly kill the spin it separated into about 4 major segments.bxaKtmT.jpg

The root segment had no engines or weapons, making it a kill.

Next i hyperedited in the NX-16 and launched one of its barracuda M.A.W's from around 2km away which hit the EX-2 and destroyed a few wing plates (sorry don't have a picture of this, but all I saw on impact was puffs of smoke) The EX-2 launched its second guided missile which completely destroyed the front lower quarter of its armours diamond shape and some internals, but as far as I could see left everything else intact. The EX-2 Moved in to roughly 600m and then opened up with all its remaining weaponary, and when the explosions died away all that was left of the NX-16 was this:01EEodq.jpg

(it still had engines and a few barracuda M.A.W's left, so it's still alive, though with just the one fuel tank and with the armour being so notorious on the thread I'm happy with the result)

And with that, I pronounce my fleet of two vessel types ready for war, i Hereby challenge anyone who dares cross this total newbie to glorious BATTLE!

I would indeed appreciate the oportunity to have a good battle. It will take me 24 hours to ready my fleet, however, if you do not mind waiting that long.

Do you prefer conventional armor, or are you fine with me using some "alien alloys"?

@quasarrgames Im fine with you taking a day to get your fleet ready, and as for armour as long as it's stock it's good but if I had to choose probably conventional. Also is it okay for me to just hyperedited my ships to the SOI, as long as I don't use it in the battle? They're may be a bit of a delay between me taking my turns. As I'm new would you mind setting up? I don't mind what planet but I was thinking 180tons, four ships?

@MiffedStarfish Done preparing!

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bxxitxfqyze7bw/Quasarr vs MiffedStarfish.sfs?dl=0

(Persistent file, just paste it into an existing savefile and open it with alt-f9)

Sadly i surpassed the 180-ton limit by 3.5 tons, but it shouldn't provide me any significant strategic advantage.

Spoiler: fleet

Spoiler

R1lrhRf.png

QSS Weak Weaponry

Parts: 117

Tons: 75

Refitted Arcus class cruiser, with conventional-alloy hybrid armor, known (at least by me) for its deadly aim. Sporting 7 shipkillers and two prototype heavy seeker missiles.

yJMrVTQ.png

QSS Itself

Parts: 64

Tons: 35

Neeson class subcapital with weak but effective alloy armor. Armed with 6 shipkillers.

8XAoYLT.png

QSS Poor Armor Design

QSS Never Gonna Give You Up Never Gonna Let You Down Never Gonna Turn Around And Desert You

Parts: 79

Tons: 38

A new verson of the Neeson class with conventional armor. With a bit more modification, i've made it a lot more resilient to ibeams and heavy weapons. Also armed with 6 shipkillers.

Two of these are in the fleet, piloted by Doodcal and Joke (yes, apparently that is a real name) Kerman. 

P.S. I shall make most of my ships public domain soon. Seems only fair. Just need to finish a little more testing.

Edited by quasarrgames

@quasarrgames I have set up my fleet and taken my turn.

The F-Tech fleet consists of one EX-3 strike fighter: WbfRffd.jpg

(this pic is an older one over Kerbin because I forgot a laythe screenshot)

two EX-2 multipurpose drones, the Apollo and the Artemis:C4vB9DV.jpg

(The terrible lighting is to maintain an element of surprise! :wink:)

And one EX-2 A manned drone commander, the Zeus:ed0qfBL.jpg

For my turn I took the EX-3  and rendezvoused with the QSS weak armour, and launched all four of its guided torpedoes. In other news, a new screenshot was made today! (Why haven't I always been using graphics mods)YJtXMHT.jpg

Hit 1:uXimn4Y.jpg

hit 2:Q5PmVXM.jpg

missile 3 phased through completely :(

due to a fuel routing flaw in the design the fuel cells had been taking fuel from the missiles instead of the fuel tank, so a quick transfer was needed:PO5T0xk.jpg

Hit 3: UzRik8J.jpg

sorry for the terrible lighting but nearly all the weapons stack is gone, a lot of armour is gone and it has only one radial engine left. Technically still alive but I guess it won't be going anywhere soon. (Also Damn these alien alloys!) 

Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb447nnrjny2sl7/persistent.sfs?dl=0

sorry for the wall of text, your move!

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@MiffedStarfish my turn is done. Sorry it took so long.

The QSS Itself Rendezvoused with the Zeus and fired.

E8R7Rwc.png

The first and fifth shots missed, and the other shots whittled away at its armor (which is a lot better than i expected for such a low partcount; well done!) destroying a significant portion but leaving one engine and most of the weapons intact. (Sorry, forgot to take a screenshot of this)

odtRYyc.png

To salvage the situation, Itself rendezvoused with a piece of the now immobilized and dead QSS Weak Weaponry and salvaged one of its seeking missiles. It took this missile back to the location of the Zeus and fired it, destroying the root part (got a No Target notification) and severing the ship into several pieces. Itself then salvaged two of Zeus' seeking missiles, making it still armed.

iEprNST.png

I guess you could say the Zeus was destroyed by Itself.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wlyzk1056n9rrf/Round 2.sfs?dl=0

Your move.

@quasarrgames Ok, once again I'm not at my computer but I will take my turn in a few hours. I have mixed feelings about that turn. On one hand the Ex-2 chassis stood up to a lot more of your ship killers than I thought it would, (in testing I found out it still functioned with 1 engine) but on the other hand, NOO!! ZEUS!! Did Bill survive? At least I killed the weak weaponary and it's blasphemous alien alloy armour. I am now also absolutely terrified of that massive weapon stack I knocked of the weak weaponry.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@quasarrgames Turn 3:

With their primary command source offline the Apollo and the Artemis are now operating of a combination of their own AI programming and a dim signal Valentina is beaming from her EX-3. after much brainstorming tactical strategys (680000000 results in 0.57 seconds) The Apollo decided to engage the QSS never gonna give you up never gonna let you down never gonna turn around and desert you, partly because it was the joint most powerful of the remaining quasar ships but mainly becuse its name did not compute. rendevousing, the Apollo fired 2 salvos of ibeams and a flea impactor which dealt only minor damage.

MjmhCAy.png

8k0Q5BX.png

If it was capable of emotional thought, it would have been frustrated. Moving away to the optimal firing range of its heavy torpedos (1.5km) it gave a stern lecture to the heavy torpedoe's primitive probe core, telling it that i was not impressed so far with its classes performance in the battle and that if it failed to inflict significant damage on the target it would be demoted to an accounting job. The probe nodded eagerly and promised not to dissapoint.

It did spectactulary well at its job.Bs4ooIz.jpg

zSYKVFn.png

KxbrXgO.png

Extemely satisfied by the missiles performance, the Apollo affectionatly digitally patted the probes head as it slowly shut down due to lack of power.

(the QSS never gonna give you up never gonna let you down never gonna turn around and desert you is a complete wreck, it has no control and cannot fufil any of the three requirements.)

Its primary objective fufilled, the Apollo signalled the Artemis and infored it of its victory, then deployed electronic countermearsures and entered temporary hibernation awaiting new orders.

boXzkEa.png

Your move! Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb447nnrjny2sl7/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@MiffedStarfish, apologies, but there appears to be something wrong with this save...

For one, the Zeus is intact. for two, the Itself has all its weapons back. My rickrollingship and the Weak Weaponry are destroyed, but it's as if the last turn i took never happened... did you load the save once you had put it in your savedata folder, or did you take your turn without loading it?

Just not sure where to go from here... do you want to assume that the Zeus is destroyed, have me take a stack of weapons off the Itself, and continue normally? Or did you want to repeat your turn? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.