Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Okay but I still want to know about the mod called SpeedUnitChanger. It just does as it says changes speed to either the imperial or metric system of measurement.

9 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Sgt Doomball I'm sorry but I just don't like part mods.

so it's not corrupt, just unplayable? I want to have a stock battle as I find modded parts can be unbalanced and less challenging to build with, and as it says in the rules here, this is a stock thread.

I the save is still playable for my game.

@Sgt Doomball I havent heard of that before, but if you mean it changes navball reading speed then, yeah feel free to use it.

Okay but I still want to know about the mod called SpeedUnitChanger. It just does as it says changes speed to either the imperial or metric system of measurement.

Oh, i thought it stopped you from playing the save. still, as I said want to have a stock battle, and more mods slow down and possibly crash ksp, and right now im barely getting acceptable framerates with EVE and scatterer installed.

here some pics of alternative stock builds for the parts you wanted to use:

R1XV8Vn.jpg

bv6NsZr.jpg

Q2DBZfs.jpg

I made a new ship, the EX-6 Cronus:

GoDgojx.jpg

Its meant as a more reliable replacement first strike vessel, being 2 tons lighter than the EX-2, my go to multi purpose do-everything-fairly-well combat vessel. Anyway after I finisihed it I realised that F-Tech lacked a destroyer type heavy ship, and this new chassis design would be the perfect chance to attempt to build one.

2 hours and more offset part aligning than I previously thought possible, enter the (still WIP) EX-7 Gaia:g8cyJOP.jpg

I've got a good feeling about this one.

yEBcjUe.jpg

Though admittedly the back could use some work.

21 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I made a new ship, the EX-6 Cronus:

GoDgojx.jpg

Its meant as a more reliable replacement first strike vessel, being 2 tons lighter than the EX-2, my go to multi purpose do-everything-fairly-well combat vessel. Anyway after I finisihed it I realised that F-Tech lacked a destroyer type heavy ship, and this new chassis design would be the perfect chance to attempt to build one.

2 hours and more offset part aligning than I previously thought possible, enter the (still WIP) EX-7 Gaia:g8cyJOP.jpg

I've got a good feeling about this one.

yEBcjUe.jpg

Though admittedly the back could use some work.

Yes weak point right there.

Yesterday I did some naval combat testing with the Alpha Class Battleship going up against the Swordfish Class Destroyer. Test #2 will come later today.

I would post the battle report, but I don't want to give away key information on flaws of the ships. Confidentiality!

I'm going to attempt to use a fleet of at least 3 battleships and 4 destroyers, as well as CAS from a F-14 knockoff, capable of dogfighting AND bombing. 

6 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Sgt Doomball Damn, you may have a point, I was hoping you wouldn't notice. Also it's a bit slow, as I haven't added the engines yet. :)

Yeah, I have been trying to get the Trim Cutter into space but I had to restart it in the VAB. But my solid state torpedos are going to cut right through that armor of yours.

To @DarkOwl57 were have you been? The battle is a draw.

@Sgt Doomball you can hyperedit from the ground straight to orbit. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Doomball said:

Yeah, I have been trying to get the Trim Cutter into space but I had to restart it in the VAB. But my solid state torpedos are going to cut right through that armor of yours.

Oh are they now?:) Do you have a timeframe for your fleet being ready? Also do you have some pictures of your ships, you don't have to but since my entire armada of combat ships are on this thread I think it's only fair. 

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Sgt Doomball you can hyperedit from the ground straight to orbit. 

Oh are they now?:) Do you have a timeframe for your fleet being ready? Also do you have some pictures of your ships, you don't have to but since my entire armada of combat ships are on this thread I think it's only fair. 

Okay, I'll attempt to but I need to complete my school work by this week and I can only have 7 weeks left 

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Are you talking to me? :)

Talking to @DarkOwl57 about my battleship

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Are you talking to me? :)

Yes I am

ah. Well I'll go ahead and release the battle report. Can't really hurt since I'm going to do a complete overhaul later today.

Spoiler

Battle Report

DATE: Day 40, Year 1

By: Captain Bill Kerman; Admiral-NSKN

Earlier today, the HMS Feather, an Orca class battleship, was patrolling off the coast of the KSC. When patrolling, the captain of the ship noticed a contact off the coast of the island, at heading 128. The enemy target, which was 7km away from the Feather, was considered hostile at the time. An unmanned drone was launched from the deck of the Feather to determine if the ship was hostile or not. The drone was shot down without warning, and so the ships crew began to mobilize. Even at the maximum cruise speed of 19.4 knots, the ship arrived at Standoff Range after about 15 minutes. The ship cautiously moved into far engagement range, and fired off 2 AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles in the direction of the target. Both missiles were shot down, as well as one enemy missile that came as close as 700 meters before being eliminated by the AAA guns.

At a range of 3.8km, the Feather launched another salvo of missiles, sending 2 away. The missiles both had direct hits, severing the engines from the ship and crippling the craft. The Feather attempted to use the main guns to fire off some long-range shots, but the shots missed. On an order to move up, the ship began advancing at a speed of about 16 knots. When the Feather got to a 2 km range, however, the enemy ship began to open fire.

Due to the increased height of the guns compared to those of the Feather, the enemy craft managed to punch through the deck and hull of the ship, causing a fire that destroyed 4 of the 5 engines, the RADAR system, all but 1 canister of fuel, and the 2 main guns. A Coast Guard helicopter was called, and pulled the crew of the Feather out and back home. Then, 2 SM-82 Raven’s came, and using their grapple hooks, towed Feather into port for repairs, while a retrofitted F-17 Tornado eliminated the remains of the hostile craft.

Hey all, recently I have been developing a lot of new warships, and the only things I have to test them against are my other ships, all of which roughly  follow my own design techniques, and the newest ships I can find on the internet are around 6 months old. I was wondering if anyone has any fairly new ships they'd be prepared to give my the craft file of for testing purposes? I know most people like to keep their designs private, but though I will probably be sorely tempted, I promise not to rip them off. :)

After yesterdays testing, I realized the Alpha has a hard-time tracking Laser Guided missiles. I managed to capsize her with a couple of well-placed Hellfires in my Ship v Drone test. However, the Destroyer held up GREAT! She shot down the missiles and the drone! (Note: My drone was downed by guns; I managed to make a drone so maneuverable it can out-spin an AIM-120

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hey all, recently I have been developing a lot of new warships, and the only things I have to test them against are my other ships, all of which roughly  follow my own design techniques, and the newest ships I can find on the internet are around 6 months old. I was wondering if anyone has any fairly new ships they'd be prepared to give my the craft file of for testing purposes? I know most people like to keep their designs private, but though I will probably be sorely tempted, I promise not to rip them off. :)

Ships don't go out of date as fast as they used to. 6 months old should be fine if they're built well. But if you need a variety to shoot at I have a stockpile that I recently put to use.

Edited by Spartwo

9 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I specifically have my eye on this:97k9xp4.png

Ok forget that. I loaded it and it spontaneously combusted on the runway before I could hyperedit it to orbit, which was amusing. :D I loaded the bis, traded a few shots with it with an EX-2, and after realising the bises missiles where reliably one shoting the EX-2's root part, I was faced with a terrifying prospect: the other ship was BETTER THAN MY SHIP. Reeling back in my chair in shock, I promptly deleted KSP and went on the run, not looking back as my computer faded into the distance.

Seriously though, I found a flaw in the EX-2 being that it's armour, though reliably stopping most projectiles with minor damage around the outsides, a high velocity shot exactly lined up over the COM will have a good chance of destroying the root part, seperating the mostly intact chunks of armour into extremely resilient weaponed pieces of debris. I'll do some more reasearch, but I'm semi confident that I'll be able to find a fix.

Would anyone like to battle my amateur fleet? I haven't gotten to do much testing, but I'd like to try them in an actual battle. The terms are nothing larger than 1000 parts. 2 ships, one capital, one smaller. sorry for how vague the terms are. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.