Naval Battle League 2016-2018

7 hours ago, ShadowGoat said:

I gaurantee you that the ship is not dead. I can refuel the back section and use it with a much better fuel to weight ratio, albeit less weapons. Oh wait, I can just klaw the two sections back together! Hahah. Also the ship has like 5 cores, so I doubt you killed it.

The back section im almost certain is dead according to rules, i looked inside it and didnt see any probe cores besides those on missiles which do not count.  That said, i did leave it intact, so i guess i left you with the ability to utilize that thing in the next turns.  Also, i dont really know what the state is of the front, i hit it dead center with your own missile i pirated off the rear, but since it was pitch black i couldnt really identify damage (a lot of debris flew off of it but those may have just been a missile or 2 that desintegrated).

Anyways, good luck with your move...

Edited by panzer1b

Well, i did it. After a lot of trial and error, i managed to actually get a decently bad intercept. It was stupidly hard for me, as i ended up in a lopsided orbit, but i made it work. I burned 2/3rds of the sandworms fuel doing it though, so yeah. thats not good. Anyway now for the battle report.

Heres me doing the burn, which was one of several i would end up backtracking to fix errors in the orbit before getting it right. Eventually.

Firing the missile. ONE PAWNCHHHH EVEN THOUGH I SHOT TWO MISSILES!

Damage. The ship was obliterated. The pilot survived, but theres nothing left attached to the cockpit, except for two i beams, which i suppose you could use for something. Sorry for the dark picture.

Heres the persist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5grhmw4ws47on/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Your move. Also, could you rate my ships and missiles from what youve seen so far? Thanks.

@Joseph Kerman Dude optimal range for the G3 is 1.4 km don't know how you've been testing it, but  obviously it's been wrong. Here's a tip: I was once in your position. Developed my own ships when I was a forum lurker and thought I was awesome. I got wrecked. Immediately I turned around and asked people for tips, and changed my whole building structure and now have decent ships, you need to be willing to change your design, otherwise your ships are going to go nowhere. 

4 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

@Joseph Kerman Dude optimal range for the G3 is 1.4 km don't know how you've been testing it, but  obviously it's been wrong. Here's a tip: I was once in your position. Developed my own ships when I was a forum lurker and thought I was awesome. I got wrecked. Immediately I turned around and asked people for tips, and changed my whole building structure and now have decent ships, you need to be willing to change your design, otherwise your ships are going to go nowhere. 

1.4 to 1.7 km.

Build a small frame. There are two types of frames. A frame with multiple points of failure, or as you were talking about forged armor with 1 root part which can be killed with one lucky shot, but is able to lose incredible amounts of parts before lethal danger is taken, where as the multiple points of failure means that one large missing chunk can cripple a ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off role-playing(and abraxis snuck in), miffled is in a collab warfare thing, Kerman is doing planes, think script is busy with hat bat

So kinda. They won't put us in challenges with the other fighting leagues so yea...

Well @ShadowGoat asked so I replied to him, but I can battle you too, @MiffedStarfish if you want.  As Spartwo said two separate battles would likely be easier to complete and less likely to be decided by who decides to attack who.  

I'll be traveling on Sunday and Monday just so you know, I could set up now and maybe you can take your first turns while I'm gone, I'll take my turn when I come back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.