Looking for good 'vanilla-style' mods..

Lheim

Hey folks!

I'm relatively new; just been tooling around with the game for a month or so. Made it to Duna, Ike, and back so far :).

I'm starting to get into mods, but I'm not looking for anything too crazy different or overpowered and i'm not *yet* looking to automate those repetitive tasks.

I'm just looking for mods that can improve the UI and give information and fix a few bugs or annoyances - to give an idea, I've currently got kerbal engineer, subassembly loader, and the alarm clock mod. I'll probably pick up rovemate and docking struts, too.

I'm not necessarily looking for part packs, though I know there's a ton out there. What do folks recommend for UI and convenience tweaks, though?

Stock-like mods you say?

There's is only one mod that really looks like stock I know of, made by a now-developer, and that's KSPX.

Apart from that:

Hello fellow kerbonaut!

I know how you feel about "stock like" parts. Well KSPX is a must have, as most of the parts will end up in the game, but i would add the Large Structural/Station Components, by udk_lethal_dose. I also use the fairings (and the fairings only) from KW rocketry, which contains a lot of great looking parts, but i wanted to stick with vanilla fuel tanks and engines.

As for non automatized navigation tools, you can try Protractor, it seems to be usefull for interplanetary transfers (didn't try it myself).

Hope this helps! Happy landings, as they say ^^