[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Magic Smoke Industries - Infernal Robotics

Making Things Move At Launch AND In The Editor!!!!!

Infernal Robotics Parts Pack - v0.19.3

Do not attach IR parts directly to docking ports. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!

NOTE: All files should be deleted and reinstalled for the new version. I had to fix the transform for all the parts. I did however make a mistake in a CFG for closed hinge, delete the 2 in it if you have a craft in flight that uses them before loading your game. I can't fix the package as I'm currently not at a computer for a bit but I will be online periodically with my phone.

name = IRHingeClosedScaleable2

When updating replace everything!!!

Download from Curse <--may take a moment for it to be approved.

Download from Kerbalstuff

YOU MUST INSTALL TWEAKSCALE SEPARATELY: Here

Changelog for 0.19.3

Removed references to GameScenes.SPH as it is no longer supported.

Changelog for 0.19.2

Removed Toolbar mod. Stock toolbar support is now available. Mod supports both.

Implemented MODEL{} referencing, now saving a few megs of texture space.

Pro TIP: You will NEED to replace the KSPAPIExtensions.dll that is included in the TweakScale plugins directory with the one that is provided in the Infernal Robotics install.

Changelog for 0.19.1

Fixed the undo (control-z) bug and the base creep bug.

Changelog for 0.19a

1. Exposed rotation to the tweakmenu and hide rotationDelta. It was useless for users. Now kOS users can have fun.
  2. swapped control button methods so now those in the position editor will match what the servo control window does at launch.

Changelog for 0.19

1. Stock Toolbar support. delete the toolbar folder if you don't like using it.
  2. Electrical use is now enabled. Power usage values also scale with tweakscale. If you don't want to use it, edit the config.xml located in: GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins\PluginData\I nfernalRobotics and change 1 to 0
  3. Lastly ----> You can now move the parts in the VAB/SPH!
    In the group editor in the VAB/SPH you can now move ALL the parts simultaneously.
    In the tweak menu of an individual part, you can now open a position editor for that SINGLE part! << and >> move the part as you hold down the button. < and > do steps of 1 so you can fine tune the position.
    Custom speed is NOT a feature currently in the VAB. I still have some issues to contend with even considering this an option. This will at least get your parts moving amiright? I mean, this wasn't a feature before, be thankful of all the hard work I've done. :)

Demo:

Other parts supported by Infernal Robotics

Tired of wobbly structures? Give ActiveStruts a try (lots of options): http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85599-WIP-ActiveStruts-Dev-Thread

oPxNwBKl.jpg

How do I use the gantry and it's variant?

Source

Source

This software & parts are released under the GNU GPL version 3, 29 July 2007.

My free time is quite sparse these days but I make the best of what I can do to keep this plugin going. If you think I deserve anything (mostly beer!), feel free to donate.

btn_donate_LG.gif

HOW TO INSTALL

Standard way

While inside the KSP directory

If you want to make your own custom robotic parts, fret no more! I wrote a simple tutorial on how to do so: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81568-Tutorial-How-to-make-robotic-parts-for-the-Infernal-Robotics-plugin

Edited by Val
Removed broken KerbalStuff link

This is fantastic!! My OCD was a gibbering wreck in the corner of the VAB before, but now it is content beyond belief. :D Thank you very much

Edit: Would you mind putting a link to the required plugin just to make life a bit easier?

Many thanks for this, as I said in the other thread this is going to make my life a lot easier joining parts to my large stations :) - now I can finally start building my Mun station :)

One request tho if I may, is there any chance you can make square washers so they fit with the Lack Luster parts :)

Many thanks for this, as I said in the other thread this is going to make my life a lot easier joining parts to my large stations :) - now I can finally start building my Mun station :)

One request tho if I may, is there any chance you can make square washers so they fit with the Lack Luster parts :)

I'll see what I can conjure up.

that's not going to work, since the ports themselves are still square. you'll be able to get the main body aligned, but you'll still have the docking port at an angle, looking like you drew outside the line. in space.

@Sirkut, I got to play with the washers this evening - they are awesome! Not only do they completely replace the rotatron functionality in a smaller and more aesthetic part, but they work great :D No bouncing or bugs I've experienced yet. So far, I'm using them to make a low-g vtol probe with ion engines - 'the hummingbird' :P

Thanks!

Done? :) Made it slightly larger to support the "Engage Lock" feature once I get it added to Damned Robotics/Infernal Robotics so you can select it easier. Had to use a screenshot to waterpick the orange so I could use it as a "center" indicator. Going to ask Lack Luster Labs first before releasing it to make sure it's ok.

bQG9eBr.png

mQuS45M.png

Done? :) Made it slightly larger to support the "Engage Lock" feature once I get it added to Damned Robotics/Infernal Robotics so you can select it easier. Had to use a screenshot to waterpick the orange so I could use it as a "center" indicator. Going to ask Lack Luster Labs first before releasing it to make sure it's ok.

Oooo, that looks great, here's hoping Lack doesn't have any objections to us using it. :) - thank you very much for going to the trouble of figuring it out and making it...

Infernal robotics still has no source available and as such is in violation of the forum rules.

Thanks for the heads up DYJ! I will remove the link and see about placing a fork with my source code which will provide the locking mechanism.

I've supplied a forked version of the plugin, including source at the github. I hope this meets all requirements.

waiting for approval before providing link.

Edited by sirkut

Just get the one from github. it has the parts as well. I wanted to update it with the github after I got a clarification from DYJ but I hope everything is in order.

And yes, this will replace the DR plugin. I added a feature that allows you to disable the movement of any part by right clicking and disabling/enabling the mechanism.

Edited by sirkut

Just get the one from github. it has the parts as well. I wanted to update it with the github after I got a clarification from DYJ but I hope everything is in order.

And yes, this will replace the DR plugin. I added a feature that allows you to disable the movement of any part by right clicking and disabling/enabling the mechanism.

Thank you so much for the response and thank you very much for this mod. Excellent work

Thank you so much for the response and thank you very much for this mod. Excellent work

Thanks & enjoy. Now you can uncrookedify your docked vessels. :)

All credit for the plugin goes to DYJ & r4m0n. I just added the lock mechanism for now.

Go here https://github.com/sirkut/InfernalRobotics/blob/master/Parts/MagicSmokeIndustries.zip

Click RAW. The zip file will include the plugin which includes the new locking mechanism feature & the 3 docking washers. I will get something set up on kerbalspaceport soon but for right now I'll be using github for parts I want to get out in a hurry. We are working on a new parts pack that will contain a nice assortment of parts. I've just finished a proof of concept for a slider piece which I think would be useful:

ps-did you get my PM?

Go here https://github.com/sirkut/InfernalRobotics/blob/master/Parts/MagicSmokeIndustries.zip

Click RAW. The zip file will include the plugin which includes the new locking mechanism feature & the 3 docking washers. I will get something set up on kerbalspaceport soon but for right now I'll be using github for parts I want to get out in a hurry. We are working on a new parts pack that will contain a nice assortment of parts. I've just finished a proof of concept for a slider piece which I think would be useful:

ps-did you get my PM?

Ohhh, sorry, I never got notified of PM's... - Got them now...

Thanks for explaining about github, it is kinda confusing as to how it works :)

That sliding thing looks great, maybe you could use it to move engines up and down so they don't interfer with others when firing as well...

A slider! Hooray! I've tried to mimic the functionality of one of those so many times with crude winch/rotatron/wheel contraptions - but collision is not friendly to me :P

Very excited for your next updates :) So happy you and Devo are working together on DR, as the moving parts adds such a huge depth to the builds you can make.

Your washers worked very well too by the way, I love the slim design. Would you consider adding a similar free-rotating version in your next update? Thanks!

A slider! Hooray! I've tried to mimic the functionality of one of those so many times with crude winch/rotatron/wheel contraptions - but collision is not friendly to me :P

Very excited for your next updates :) So happy you and Devo are working together on DR, as the moving parts adds such a huge depth to the builds you can make.

Your washers worked very well too by the way, I love the slim design. Would you consider adding a similar free-rotating version in your next update? Thanks!

Say what? BOOM! http://www./download/6c2q3i4k17ii59g/dockingwasher_free.zip

Trying... to think of magic smoke pun.... too excited.. must install now.. Thanks Sirkut!! :D

Just so you know, the term magic smoke originated from blowing electronic chips. They give off this little puff of acrid smoke when you pop them. :)