[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Just to clarify, which InfernalRobotics.dll to use? Magic Smoke or DRobotics?

I'm a bit unsure about how to interpret what you meant, English is not my first language, and I find your explanation possible to interpret both ways.

Thanks, I just figured out on my own and was about to post a "Nevermind...". Sorry for the inconvenience.

Any ETA on the slider (I really need to create a long extendable ladder, as well as a cargo unloading crane)?

Great! I'm building an epic permanent base, based on the Hooligan Labs airships. It's destined for Eve (but will work on Laythe and, with minor modifications, Duna as well), have the capacity to house over 100 kerbal, will carry over a dozen rovers and airship based rovers (all usable manned or by remote, all electric, so fuel won't be an issue), the main base will be able to fly as an airship, but it can also drop off a ground base which can house around 30 kerbals. Some parts needs to be moveable and unloadable, that's why I need the sliders. Now, to get 300 tons or so in one piece to Eve, that's the challenge...

Uhm. . . sirkut. . . is this supposed to happen? I downloaded the one on mediafire, made the white truss core, docked it, but the servo wouldn't move. after I tried to go to the space center then go back. But then. . . THIS greeted me. O_O

7wxvqNa.png

Sirkut, how is the work coming along on the gantry and slider mod? Really looking forward to this. Personally this is one part that I am looking forward to the most. Hoping to see 2-3 sizes of powered carriages with 6-8 lengths of gantry's or rails. Also would like to see these carriages in free floating form as well, Just like a free bearing or hinge. From their we can add more sizes from the cfg's our selves. I have an idea for a hydraulic ram based crane, with the ram at the bottom, and the sliding carriage on the top truss that will allow the ram to push the truss up and down while sliding on the rail. So if begging and pleading will work, let me know and I will do my best.

Thx as always for your work and effort.

From Oregon.... Dren

I'm going to try to have them done before Tuesday. I have a full week planned that will keep me away from my home computer so I'm going to try to have those done including the MSI Animator plugin.

Your the man, and btw: Love the tag name... I cant tell ya how lucky the KSP guys have it with all you creators and thinkers, I truly believe that KSP would not be "NEAR" where it is today with out you guys, and that's not kissing ass, that's just the truth.

From Oregon, keep up the great work.

Dren

Here's a prelim photo of the sliding rail. One side has an arrow denoting direction of movement while the other side is blank so you can attach it to your base.

UEQOq69.jpg

MQcfi3g.jpg

Made the adjustable rail clip into the body if it's a flat surface but if it's rounded it melds well with tanks.

Currently I have it at the scale you see but I will definitely make larger sizes. I was swamped and couldn't do much during my lunch break. One option is to use the rescalefactor field in the cfg to make it larger.

Currently I have it at the scale you see but I will definitely make larger sizes. I was swamped and couldn't do much during my lunch break. One option is to use the rescalefactor field in the cfg to make it larger.

Looking forward to these, i know exactly the first place i will try them

Sirkut, they should be stream lined a bit. Possibly make some sort of texture that explains visually how this would work. Think roller-coaster bearings, or that type of carriage. The rails should be slim and contain a small grove for the bearing carriage to ride in. The rails and carriage should be small in comparison to what its mounted to, and I am sure you will have different sizes. The length of the rails is the part we need the most, as 2 carriage sizes would work fine. I know.... I know.... I couldn't do that in Blender or any other type of creation software, but once the physics are finished, then you really should have something that highlights this type of part. It will become widely used I am sure, as the applications for this come on a very long list. Again, I wish I could help you guys with this stuff.... hey if either of you need an LSA exp aircraft built, let me know. :D

Just my 2 cents, but as always, thx a ton for the hard work.

Dren.

Personaly I think they look great. Heavy, bulky, sturdy as hell! Just how industrial equipment should look.

As for texture to show how it works, it does have a big arrow running up one side showing its operation.

I actually have another adjustable rail where one side mates with another side with a groove/notch system between the pieces. I just didn't have the time to remake the part since I left it at home.

Sirkut, it seems as you understand what I meant by "texture that will show how it works". That was not intended on trying to show what direction of travel, it was meant as a realism point of view to have a "carriage" be just that, and the "rails" to be rails. Having a set of rollers inside a channel would show this cause of action really well. Big industrial parts don't need to be "huge" industrial parts to be functional. Anyway bud, Great work, and when you have the time to be more perfectionist about them, I am sure you will improve their textures, if its not something your really good at, have Devo give it a quick revision.

By no means am I trying to ell you what to do with these great additions, I am just giving you my opinion on what I think will make a good part into a "Great" part. Your cool with that right, cause I am just trying to give you some feedback.

Thx man, your work and time are much appreciated.

From Oregon, Dren.

I'll sort the rollers and grease the rails, don't worry:)

Super news. I'll hold off showing my ideas until Devo can make more professional ones I certainly don't want to chase anyone away with my models.

Super news. I'll hold off showing my ideas until Devo can make more professional ones I certainly don't want to chase anyone away with my models.

Your models are better than my models =P

you has proof!

I kinda liked em, but Im silly. I like heavy industrial looking stuff....I even like struts!!!they look cool!!

I have a good break tonight, should be able to get alot done. I have added a new command pod and retracting heat shield engines to the pack too, hopefully the next few tests on the MSI animator run a bit smoother. I have found some of the issue was on my end, it seems there is a limit to how many thrustTransform objects you can safely animate in KSP (even if they are not producing thrust, simply animating them is very cpu intensive) But 3 seems to be the magic number without losing FPS when animating, so those are done too. Re: The sliding rails, send me a pm or put a copy of the in our share folder , I just need to know what base names you used so I can make a quick replicant.