[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

HyperEdit is the ultimate cheat plugin for KSP.  Teleport your ship, refill your tanks, change any orbit, move the planets around, and edit things like speed, gravity, atmospheric pressure, time, and more.

v1.5.8, released July 10, 2018 : Works with KSP v1.12, and all versions back to 1.4.1.

Kerbaltek is proud to be the official home of HyperEdit.  For all official downloads, visit our site:

www.Kerbaltek.com/hyperedit

Please feel free to contact us here or on our site with any support or other issues you might have.  We'll do our best to address everything in time.

Edited by Ezriilc
updates, formatting, typos

Are there any changes at this point?

Quick question! How do I use this to set a trio of Sats into the same orbit but 120 degrees apart?

IIRC set all their numbers, including epoch, the same except the LAN - set one satellite LAN to 0, one to 120, and one to 240.

Frostiken said:
Are there any changes at this point?

Short answer (my favorite kind): No.

The big plan for HyperEdit right from the start is to not mess it up, and improvements will come.

What I have done is to repackage the .zip file to include the source files, in the new GameData folder structure. I also added some of my own preset Landing coordinates. It tests perfectly for me, and I hope for you as well!

Edited by Ezriilc

I do wish there was a slightly easier / better way to put something into the orbit you want - especially if it's a suborbital orbit. I have absolutely zero understanding of how to determine where a ship will end up on an established orbit, and when I make orbits of high eccentricity almost always without fail it spawns my ship inside the ****ing planet instead of in space. Even when I do make my orbit, I then have to sit there and just screw with the epoch until it ends up where I want. A slider-based system would make things much easier.

I was "referred" from another thread, and checked this thing out. Saw a video tutorial. Looks really cool. I could possibly use this to practice landing on the Mun, and to easily "deliver" large payloads to other planets.

I do have four questions;

1. Is this the latest version, for the latest version of KSP?

2. Is this why the mod on Kerbal SpacePort is 404ing on me?

3. How compatible is it with Extraplanetary Launchpads (EL), and KAS?

4. Will the "Refuel ship" feature put RocketParts in EL capsules, without having to mine for ore and all of that other stuff?

Edited by Benie
Added another question

I do wish there was a slightly easier / better way to put something into the orbit you want - especially if it's a suborbital orbit. I have absolutely zero understanding of how to determine where a ship will end up on an established orbit, and when I make orbits of high eccentricity almost always without fail it spawns my ship inside the ****ing planet instead of in space. Even when I do make my orbit, I then have to sit there and just screw with the epoch until it ends up where I want. A slider-based system would make things much easier.

I've heard that one before, and I'm making sure it's on my list.

Benie said:
1. Is this the latest version, for the latest version of KSP?

Please see the subject of this thread for the version supported.

Benie said:
2. Is this why the mod on Kerbal SpacePort is 404ing on me?

Yes. I'm putting up a new SpacePort Mod page very soon.

Benie said:
3. How compatible is it with EL, and KAS?

No idea. Please tell us!

Edited by Ezriilc

A temporary solution might be to have the plugin post a "This orbit intersects the planet" message whenever certain parameters are input?

Good idea. I'm inclined to display that as a warning while always asking the user for the exact position radially, and preventing teleport unless the destination is clear of the surface.

Better yet, I'd like a visual representation of the final orbit with the precise position of the ship, like a Navigation Node Editor.

Feature request:

Along side the "Refill ship resources" button as a button that reads "Refill Selected Tank"

When pressed it chances your cursor into a crosshair, that lets you select a tank of any kind and only refill that specific tank instead of every tank on the ship. Useful for build testing for Kethane rigs, and possibly useful for other things as well.

No idea. Please tell us!

Alright. I definitely will once I fire it up and test.

I just tried it out. I'm deeply saddened the "Edit your ship" feature from

tutorial I saw, is gone. That's one of the two reasons I wanted to get this thing. I was going to use this to practice landing on other planets.

I know the video is old, but why remove possibly the best feature in this mod?

Edited by Benie

Alright. I definitely will once I fire it up and test.

I just tried it out. I'm deeply saddened the "Edit your ship" feature from

tutorial I saw, is gone. That's one of the two reasons I wanted to get this thing. I was going to use this to practice landing on other planets.

I know the video is old, but why remove possibly the best feature in this mod?

All the same features are available, as far as I know (I never used the old version) but the buttons are organized differently. What specific feature are you looking for?

Feature request:

Along side the "Refill ship resources" button as a button that reads "Refill Selected Tank"

When pressed it chances your cursor into a crosshair, that lets you select a tank of any kind and only refill that specific tank instead of every tank on the ship. Useful for build testing for Kethane rigs, and possibly useful for other things as well.

+1 On our list! Thanks!

All the same features are available, as far as I know (I never used the old version) but the buttons are organized differently. What specific feature are you looking for?

Ok. It's at 2:02 in the video, that you can kill your horizontal and vertical velocity. I don't see an option to do this in the Help area.

Ok. It's at 2:02 in the video, that you can kill your horizontal and vertical velocity. I don't see an option to do this in the Help area.

I guess that one isn't! I'm sorry you lost your favorite part of HyperEdit :( ! I don't know why khyperia removed it.

I'm not entirely sure just yet, but I think we're planning not to duplicate functionality provided by MechJeb, and their Translatron does this if I'm not mistaken.

If you are interested I could help you out with making your site.

Yes! I'd love that. I can handle the programming - and there's a lot going on behind that boring exterior - but I need help with the visual design.

Can you provide an artist's touch and give me some ideas or even some graphic art elements?

Yes! I'd love that. I can handle the programming - and there's a lot going on behind that boring exterior - but I need help with the visual design.

Can you provide an artist's touch and give me some ideas or even some graphic art elements?

May be able to do one better. I have Serif Web Plus 5. I can design the site and it writes the code for me.

May be able to do one better. I have Serif Web Plus 5. I can design the site and it writes the code for me.

Thanks! But, no thanks. I like my code as it is. All we need is artwork and/or visual design input.

Nevermind, I got it. I just played with numbers, and apparently I have to use Miles instead of Meters. 0.0025M is 2.500m, which is a very low Mun orbit. But it's enough for me to use the Land option.

With this, I managed to get 2 of my five EL modules to the Mun to begin setting up my "transporter" (aka, portable launchpad).

Also, this mod does work and work well with EL. :D It gives RocketParts, but it also weighs down whatever you're hauling the canisters with. I'm hoping that it won't do this when on Mun.

Edited by Benie
I figured it out

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.