[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

1 hour ago, RB101 said:

Does this mod work with 1.12? (latest ksp version)

I think it does, and I encourage you to report any issues you may have.

Thanks for asking!

Edited by Ezriilc

• 4 months later...

Hmmm I seem to be having a strange issue.

So I create 3 SATS named sat1 sat2 and sat3 all just by changing the last number in the editor to +1 not reloading between scenes etc.

I then hyper edit the orbit to be 200,000km orbit for sat1.I quit back to KSC and reenter the editor load up sat2 and do the same making sure I select currently active vessel in hyper edit.

I punch in 200,000km again hit apply and it instantly puts the current vessel and the last one I did back into the exact same spot and they crash together.

Its as if its also applying the orbit back to the other sat i just put up.

has any one else had this? this is game version 1.12.3 and hyper edit 1.5.8

Edited by stk2008

so this is showing two sats up in orbit and one waiting on the ksc launchpad

T1dtdc2.jpeg

I then hyper edit the sat1 on launchpad to same orbit as other two and it instantly puts them ALL in the same orbit rather than the current active vessell

eviOy9g.jpeg

I am going to remove some mods that I think might be causing it and will report back soon :)

OK back again :P

I have done a complete clean install with nothing but hyperedit and I have the same issue.

Create a satalite click orbit edit and place it say 100,000km above kerbin.

exit back to space centre and load up another satalite.

click obit editor again in hyperedit and use same setting as before on last satalite 100,000km above kerbin.

BOOM!

yqSlVy1.jpeg

they collide with one another.

This never used to happen I remember my brother using this feature to cheat in 3 satalites to create a comms network.

also to note was when he had the satalite in orbit and if he was to click the button the satalite would return back to what I can only assume was a preset configured point along the obit (normally above or near the KSC)

this does not do it in the latest version nor the dev version which I also tested.

Thanks in advance

Edited by stk2008

On 11/2/2022 at 7:05 PM, stk2008 said:

OK back again :P

I have done a complete clean install with nothing but hyperedit and I have the same issue.

Create a satalite click orbit edit and place it say 100,000km above kerbin.

exit back to space centre and load up another satalite.

click obit editor again in hyperedit and use same setting as before on last satalite 100,000km above kerbin.

BOOM!

they collide with one another.

This never used to happen I remember my brother using this feature to cheat in 3 satalites to create a comms network.

also to note was when he had the satalite in orbit and if he was to click the button the satalite would return back to what I can only assume was a preset configured point along the obit (normally above or near the KSC)

this does not do it in the latest version nor the dev version which I also tested.

Thanks in advance

Second try to reply here.  I think the forum is having... [shhh].

I can't think of why this is happening, but have you tried putting them in separate altitude orbits?  Also, saving to the Space Center and then reloading that craft sometimes helps.

Best of luck!  Please let us know how you do.

Hi

yep if I set one craft to say 100km

then exit to space centre and create another craft and send that to say 120km its all fine it just forces any craft you choose to set to the same orbit.
I have been able to get the issue by using the advanced orbit option and graphical but I am sure I remember the basic one working different a longggg time ago.

any way thanks for getting back to me but I can over come it :)

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, DCH01 said:

copied the sections I wanted to keep from one landcoords.cfg to the other and systems refused to recognize them.  what other files are being touched by this?

That's the only one.  Did you restart KSP entirely?

Just now, DCH01 said:

Yes cold start.

You could transpose the data in the .cfg file into the running game manually.  Then you can save each location(s).

Here's one entry I have in my latest install - it's the file that comes with HyperEdit.

coordinate
{
    name = KSC Launch Pad
    body = Kerbin
    lat = -0.097199999999999995
    lon = 285.44229999999999
    alt = 20
}

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DCH01 said:

thanks for the response. 

Sorry for the delay I travel a lot INRL

The cfg file keeps getting rewritten every new game

No worries.  I've never seen that behavior, and I can't think of why or even how it's doing that.  I'll take a look at the code, but I'm pretty stuck.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.