[1.12] HyperEdit [v1.5.8, July 10, 2018] - Cheat, Teleporter, Orbit/Planet Editor, & More

Ezriilc

41 minutes ago, killbotvii said:

I was convinced that it was a punishment of some sort from the mod for using it in Career mode. I didn't think it was the GAME punishing me! XD

Yea, well it seems to be the case.  I'll need to work out when money and rep are being taken, and counteract it.

1 minute ago, killbotvii said:

Believe it or not, it seems that this is even weirder than I thought. Somehow I was reading the gauge wrong. I was indeed losing tons of rep, but not money as well. No, instead I gained THOUSANDS of research points. Tens of thousands. What?!

Huh, that is strange.

I think I have the same problem as Whalesharks Kerman.

Basically I open the Ship Lander and click on the "Landing" button: the button lits up and a yellow text is inserted below the it, saying "Use K,I,J,L to fine-tune landing coordinates". And that's it. Pressing the "Landing" button again removes the text and deactivates the button's light.

I've just remembered that I forgot to update HyperEdit to 1.1.3 though, so that's probably why it doesn't work. Will edit post after testing.

EDIT: Ship Lander works properly now that I've updated HyperEdit!

Edited by Comrade FalcoN

13 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

2. Prepare to reinstall .

9 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

Yea, try that.

OK. 

58 minutes ago, Comrade FalcoN said:

I think I have the same problem as Whalesharks Kerman.

Basically I open the Ship Lander and click on the "Landing" button: the button lits up and a yellow text is inserted below the it, saying "Use K,I,J,L to fine-tune landing coordinates". And that's it. Pressing the "Landing" button again removes the text and deactivates the button's light.

I've just remembered that I forgot to update HyperEdit though, so that's probably why it doesn't work. Will edit post after testing.

Usually,reinstalling failing mods works. 

Edited by Whalesharks Kerman
Typos.

I have a request for a feature: would it be possible to have a slider to decrease or increase fuel consumption of all engines (at once or independently), and also be able to adjust the thrust of each engine (without affecting the fuel consumption), and be able save the settings to a config file? You could put those features in a new category called "Edit Engines" or something, with a list of the engines available.

The idea comes from this old mod (but it ain't really the same. I don't really care about FAR/etc, just the fuel consumption/thrust):

If the suggestion above is a bit overwhelming, well, just a slider to adjust the fuel consumption of all engines at once would do the job for me. I know coding is a hard task so I definitely don't want to ask for something too big.

Also if someone knows a mod that does this and that works in 1.1.3, do let me know.

Right now I use infinite fuel but I would still like the fuel to be a concern, though not as much as default.

Edited by Comrade FalcoN

2 hours ago, Comrade FalcoN said:

I have a request for a feature: would it be possible to have a slider to decrease or increase fuel consumption of all engines (at once or independently), and also be able to adjust the thrust of each engine (without affecting the fuel consumption), and be able save the settings to a config file? You could put those features in a new category called "Edit Engines" or something, with a list of the engines available.

The idea comes from this old mod (I don't really care about FAR/etc, just the fuel consumption/thrust):

Modifying specific performance properties of certain parts has not really been in the scope of HyperEdit, but it's an interesting idea.  Perhaps something along the lines of a Ship Editor or Save Editor, where HyperEdit does some basic editing of the current save file to affect in in-flight ship, but like I say, it would be a considerable change in scope.  I will contemplate this, but since we've not had any other requests for it, I don't expect I'll be adding it soon.

If the suggestion above is a bit overwhelming, well, just a slider to adjust the fuel consumption of all engines at once would do the job for me. I know coding is a hard task so I definitely don't want to ask for something too big.

I wouldn't say it's too big by any means.  I love big ideas, I just think  it's a bit out of our wheelhouse.

Also if someone knows a mod that does this and that works in 1.1.3, do let me know.

I don't know of any mod that does it, but I'm actually not much of a mod user, so I likely wouldn't know anyway.

Understood Ezriilc. Well, if you ever find such a mod or get to develop a similar feature after all, do let me know by PM please :)

I do have another request that should be in the scope of Hyper Edit: is it possible to make a secondary "Reverse Boost" option? The Boost function in Misc Tools is extremely useful for me, and I often use it as a sort of "Hyperdrive" to travel the Kerbol System. After a while, I realized it would be very convenient to be able to boost backwards when approaching a planet, moon or station, instead of having to turn around the whole ship each time I need to slow down.

I propose that you implement such a boost option with a separate button key and separate button speed. That shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

Edited by Comrade FalcoN

Understood Ezriilc. Well, if you ever find such a mod or get to develop a similar feature after all, do let me know by PM please :)

I do have another request that should be in the scope of Hyper Edit: is it possible to make a secondary "Reverse Boost" option? The Boost function in Misc Tools is extremely useful for me, and I often use it as a sort of "Hyperdrive" to travel the Kerbol System. After a while, I realized it would be very convenient to be able to boost backwards when approaching a planet, moon or station, instead of having to turn around the whole ship each time I need to slow down.

I propose that you implement such a boost option with a separate button key and separate button speed. That shouldn't be too hard to implement, right?

Call me crazy if I am remembering this completely false but doesn't putting a "-" in front of the velocity field do exactly this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.