[0.20.x] Subassembly Manager

TheUndeadFish

Yeah, this plugin is fantastic but it apparently doesn't like other GUIs. With FAR, LazorSystem and this plugin installed, the GUI completely crapped out. The Kerbal picture became a semi-psychedelic colour show and many letters disappeared from the FAR Flight System GUI, in the flight scene.

Had this happen a couple of times, but only when I tabbed out during the transition from the hangar to the flight scene. Not using Lazor btw.

I'm unable to save any subassemblies. On Mac OSX. I can choose a category, enter a file name and hit Save, but get this exception in the debug logs:

[Exception]: IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/fpape/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/PluginData/subassemblyLoader/subassemblies/Lifters/Medium Lifter Alpha.craft"

This path DOES exist on my disk. Any ideas?

I'm unable to save any subassemblies. On Mac OSX. I can choose a category, enter a file name and hit Save, but get this exception in the debug logs:

This path DOES exist on my disk. Any ideas?

That is a very long path name. I would bet it's balking because there are far too many characters in it. I've seen that a few times myself in other things.

I just downloaded SubAssembly Manager last night and I can confirm that it works >_>

Of course, I've never used it /before/ so I don't know if anything's broken. Still, it does exactly what I'd expect it to do.

Wait, there's a 'Save' button? Where? I've always had to manually copy my .craft files over to the SubAssembly's PluginData/ folder.

The load button should change to a save button when you pick up a viable structure

That is a very long path name. I would bet it's balking because there are far too many characters in it. I've seen that a few times myself in other things.

I don't think that's the problem. It's not really that long a name. But just in case, I moved the steam install location and still got the same exception:

[Exception]: IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path "/Steam/SteamApps/common/KSP/PluginData/subassemblyLoader/subassemblies/Lifters/HLA.craft"

I don't think that's the problem. It's not really that long a name. But just in case, I moved the steam install location and still got the same exception:

Well it definitely was a long path, but getting it out from under the Users directory is a good start, as everything under there is protected anyway. Now that you've gotten it out from there, are you sure the folder isn't set to read-only, or that the game/mod isn't being prevented from writing files to it somehow?

I can't seem to save nor load any subs. I tried to save a sky-crane design but there were no categories to save it under, so it wouldn't let me, same goes for loading, how can I fix this? Do I make my own categories somehow or re-download?

I can't seem to save nor load any subs. I tried to save a sky-crane design but there were no categories to save it under, so it wouldn't let me, same goes for loading, how can I fix this? Do I make my own categories somehow or re-download?

Reread the documentation very carefully, there is a folder that MUST go in the Plugins Data folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.