[1.0.3] Editor Extensions v2.12 - 23 June

MachXXV

launch location toggling

*rubs chin* What about support for EL? Like, make the thing in VAB, then send it to my launchpad on Duna? :D

I hope I haven't misunderstood you about this.

Sadly this is still completely broken.

Symmetry is utterly borked, instead of placing tanks in a ring round each other horizontally with the tanks pointing up as normal it places them through the vertical axis of the object end to end to form a square, snap to makes no difference at all.

If you switch to SPH mode it does it kind of correctly except if you move the object your trying to place past the vertical center of the object instead of it rotating the symmetry as normal it places them every closer together the further you get away form the vertical axis. ie if I have my cursor at 90deg it places one at 270, if you move the cursor to 80 it puts it at 260 instead of 280.

Surface attachment is very flakey too with many objects, many refuse to attach normally even with the option toggled on or off.

Definitely needs a lot more work.

The Camera wigs out too working on large objects so basically it creates a center invisible ring in the building your in, centred around the normal deployment area which you can't move the model to stopping you zooming in etc, very frustrating.

Edtools used to be installed but was removed just your mod in now, edtools was exhibiting the same behaviour I don't know if you are using similar code, I even tried flipping out the Modded Ksp I'm using for the a clean version to see if its a conflict with another plugin does exactly the same. :(

In short its completely goosed.

Edited by Hawkstorm

Hmm the stock game is doin it too.

I think there's a hidden bug in the editors symmetry code that's causing the problem in conjunction with craft files.

Edited by Hawkstorm

Hmm the stock game is doin it too.

I think there's a hidden bug in the editors symmetry code that's causing the problem in conjunction with craft files.

Definitely sounds like something odd is happening to you, I tested this pretty thoroughly on clean PC and Mac builds and haven't seen any of the issues you're seeing (other than some occasional wierdness with sph/vab switching and forcing surface attachment, since in those cases I'm forcing the editor to behave in ways it wasn't designed to)

are you seeing this just with existing crafts or with new crafts as well?

Existing craft so far it seems, I don't think its a problem with your mod per say rather that your mod is using KSP's editor which is where the bug actually is.

I'm trying to find the trigger that's causing it, personally I wish they'd just nuke the entire thing it by far the worst and utterly insane control and utterly frustrating camera system I've ever seen or used, in any software I've used in nearly 50 years.

Is there anyway that this thing can change the camera to be Free, instead of fixed around the center of the VAB?

I've thought about skewing the camera around, but I've mostly been waiting for .21 before I add anything new

Just did a quick update to fix some breaking issues in KSP v0.21, it doesn't like the camera changes and one tweak involving blocking hotkeys when you're typing in ship names. Should be working fine now.

Just did a quick update to fix some breaking issues in KSP v0.21, it doesn't like the camera changes and one tweak involving blocking hotkeys when you're typing in ship names. Should be working fine now.

Thank you so much :)

I can't have your babies, but maybe you can take some of mine? Pick any three.

Hmm. Symmetry is working perfectly fine for me...

There is at least one symmetry problem in the stock game

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37397-Symmetry-Problem

...and I've confirmed it is still a problem in 0.21.00!

Edited by ecat
clarify point on symmetry

There is at least one symmetry problem

Right right, but as noted there, that's a problem with stock KSP, not this mod. I should clarify, when I said symmetry is "working perfectly fine for me", by "fine" I meant "normal", i.e. symmetry works the same with the mod installed as it does without it (save that you can now switch modes). The mod doesn't magically fix existing bugs in the game, it just doesn't add any new ones as far as I can tell, at least with regards to how symmetry works.

Is there a way you could add GUI buttons and indicators for this?

Adding a GUI window is next on my list of features, I was holding off on that since I didn't know what was coming with .21

How to install this? If I just put unzipped fonder to GameData, this mod does not work in game.

upd: I allready fixed this - I should run ksp with administrator rights to make this mod work.

Edited by crosshunter

Hello, the best modmaker ever! I lost this mod for 0.20.

Please, can you left a download for it?

The current version on SpacePort will work in 0.20, it just doesn't enlarge the VAB.

You can get the previous version for 0.20 here (this one will not work at all in 0.21): https://github.com/MachXXV/EditorExtensions/blob/master/Releases/EditorExtensions_v0.4.zip