O.P.A. Module - Fix Your Orbits

Ntmoore19

mbl6xw.jpg

The Orbital Path Alteration Module is a very simple way to fix your Orbits by adjusting the speed and direction. It has a very low thrust, but is very lightweight and fuel efficient. It works just like a Liquid Engine does, and has its own, smaller, fuel source.

You can use it as a final stage and finally give the Kermen hope of returning after reaching escape velocity, or use several in the last few stages to help aid with Orbit adjusting.

Click here to download.

To install this, simply copy the two folders into KSP/Parts. Enjoy! :)

Edit: It's been updated to v2.1, it will now overheat if it is used too much, so it can't replace a normal booster.

I had an interesting problem with this part:

VmljV.jpg

as they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm not sure why it did this but it was the OPA / Fuel tank that was causing it when using Sunday Punch's RCS.

Jeb still gives no fucks even when he can see the rear of the spaceship out the front windows.

I had an interesting problem with this part:

VmljV.jpg

as they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm not sure why it did this but it was the OPA / Fuel tank that was causing it when using Sunday Punch's RCS.

Jeb still gives no fucks even when he can see the rear of the spaceship out the front windows.

I think the problem is the bottom isn't stabilized enough. Put a few SAS modules on the bottom part of the ship.

I love this, it really helped my get into orbit fine and dandy, although it was a little trickier than i thought getting out. Is there anyway the module itself could be re modeled to look more like small set of thrusters or maybe just like the stock liquid fuel engine?

Could someone tell me how to swap models and the actual part's effects?

• 2 months later...

It still happens, it flails around like an elephant trunk when using RCS.

All my rockets, even the ones with 8 struts between the RCS and the fuel tanks (especially my ICBM) are dangerously close to tearing themselves to pieces after one small RCS boost. Struts only help to keep two parts joined, it seems - they do nothing for the bendiness of the part links. I'll see if I can achieve stability by connecting all the parts together today, although it will probably be horribly inefficient due to those 0.1 masses stacking up.

• 1 month later...

@ntmoore19 Your profile pic is the space core.

That goes perfectly with this game.

I\'M IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Portal 2 was one of the best games ever.

Anyway, I haven\'t used the O.P.A. module yet, but my dad has, and he likes it. He finds it pretty useful. Is this also useable for correcting extremely elliptical orbits, or deorbiting?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.