What's your favourite "old" game?

joppiesaus

The question is simple: What's your favourite "old" game? Post it here!

With old I mean something older than 6 years.

Mine is Roller Coaster Tycoon. Hours of fun! I like Dungeon Keeper too, but I didn't play it that much. I still play RCT.

rct62.jpg

Mine has to be Rome: Total War. I played it for so long and still play today occasionally. Well that's until Rome II comes out :P

maxresdefault.jpg

Not the best pic but oh well.

Edited by KD3

I love to play Battlefield 1942, it is the best FPS for me. I've never saw such level of gameplay in any other fps: if something was in a map, it was because you could use it. they were no useless decorative element.

00008193-photo-battlefield-1942.jpg

See those boat in the background? you could drive them, even the aircraft carrier. this game is simply amazing. And this game is about 10 years old, those graphics are amazing !

Edited by Moustachauve

Mine is definitely The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

snes01.png

I think it's the game I played the most in my life and by FAR. I spent so many hours playing this as a child it's ridiculous.

EDIT: I also forgot Halo: Combat Evolved. Those two games were keeping me inside better than KSP ever could.

1627_large.jpeg

Edited by stupid_chris

I love to play Battlefield 1942, it is the best FPS for me. I've never saw such level of gameplay in any other fps: if something was in a map, it was because you could use it. they were no useless decorative element.

~Blowtorch'd~

See those boat in the background? you could drive them, even the aircraft carrier. this game is simply amazing. And this game is about 10 years old, those graphics are amazing !

My favourite too. Beats all FPS's i've ever seen because most FPS's have useless decorations that do nothing but take a few seconds off the life of your video card. No useless stuff with BF1942, even the sandbags were useful! My second favorite would have to be Rollercoaster Tycoon. It taught me basic money maths and that most things in the world are harder to build and run than you think they are.

super-mario-64-screensaver-15.jpg

I need not say what game this is from.

san-francisco-rush-2049-cover767878.jpg

This one as well. It's games like these that make me regret selling our N64... :(

Ok, so these are REALLY old, but they're nonetheless two of my favorites. Games have turned into profit makers (for the most part, KSP is an awesome exception :)) and you just don't get this quality of gameplay much anymore.

More recent ones:

Unreal_Tournament_UT-2003.jpg

UT2003, there's a lot of mods out there that really expand gameplay (vehicles, baby!)

Age_of_Empires_II_-_The_Age_of_Kings_Coverart.png

My first RTS ever, graphics are terrible compared to today's standards but it was nonetheless a good game. :) (ok, still really old... I need to run through my game collection at home, we've got a ton of GameCube stuff, which reminds me...)

Favorite Game of All Time (for me anyway)

Pikmin+1.jpg

I have no words to express how much I love this game, I could never beat the Emperor Bulbax final boss, but I loved it anyway. :)

2 was fantastic as well, I loved the Man-at-Legs, Titan Dweevil, and even the Waterwraith (despite it's terrifying dungeon and fight, it's one of my favorite video game bosses). Not sure how P3 will turn out, but I hope it's at least as good as the original two. :)

Edited by OrbitusII

That is a very difficult decision to make. I would have to say that one of the games I really used to play a lot and really enjoyed was Jurassic park: Operation Genesis. It was a game that was released 10 years ago and look at it.

55s7ptj.jpg

For those who don't know it was a theme park management Sim.

My downright favorite old game is Pikmin 2. It just has so much replay value for me, especially doing different challenge runs through the game. I just decided to replay it again and I'm trying to do the 7-day run.

It has to be Homeworld for me... if you guys remember it or know it? Its that classic 3d space strategy game where you build an army of ships to harvest and conquer and defeat enemies trying to find your way back to their original and on the way, trying to find "The Core".

Hey i never get to finish the gameplay :( but the online was brilliant!

Back then it was pretty cool, so then having a thought, if Homeworld & Homeworld 2 could be like KSP i think people are gonna love it even more!

I am not much of a gamer but i am a great fan of their art and the look of their ships, simple yet elegant!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.