[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

@rsparkyc I did some testing at making the procedural fairing side decouplers toggleable (much like the normal decouplers/separators) but, since my C# skills are almost non-existent, would be possible to consider such an option to be included for the next PF update?

It would cut down the amount of required fairing parts in half and also allow some more flexibility for an existing craft file.

@Phineas Freak I can look into doing that.  I haven't seen @e-dog or @KortexM on if a few months, maybe I should start maintaining?  Don't know what the rules around doing that are.

@NathanKell, while i don't like this "solution", dirtying the state of the ProcInterstage every FixedUpdate solves the issue for me.  Is there any event I can tie into AFTER everything has been loaded up in the VAB? It's already being set as dirty OnStart and OnLoad

6 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

@Phineas Freak I can look into doing that.  I haven't seen @e-dog or @KortexM on if a few months, maybe I should start maintaining?  Don't know what the rules around doing that are.

No formal rules per se, but, you can fork it and release your own version.  I assume you have tried to contact them?

The license allows forks, and, if you make a good-faith effort to contact them, I don't think anyone will be offended.

If you do fork, let me know when you have a release, I can get CKAN updated for you

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@Phineas Freak ah apologies! It shouldn't be too hard, all the toggle stuff is done in PartModule the base class, it should be fairly simple to implement toggling into an existing module. I tried real hard to make it simple :)

Generally just requires checking for 'are we enabled' in OnActivate method that handles staging, and if you like setting the string overrides in code rather than cfg, and same for the 'where is toggling allowed' bit.

Will it be possible to make it look like a fairing to KSP? Right now the fairings are treated as decouplers. So for example, if you set mechjeb to auto deploy fairings, it won't.

50 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

This mod causes a CTD for me, even when my GameData has ONLY Squad and ProceduralFairings.  It contains no other mods.  KSP1.3.  It worked fine with other mods in KSP 1.2.2

ksp.log file   output_log.txt file

This mod has not been updated for 1.3 yet! e-dog hasn't been active for a while, and he hasn't even visited the forums this year. However, if you read the dozen posts above yours you will see that @rsparkyc is discussing updating it and perhaps taking over maintenance. I suggest you follow him for updates!