[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

On 4.8.2016 at 3:11 AM, westamastaflash said:

The fairings keep falling off when physics is initialized... I tried kerbal joint reinforcement but no luck. Any advice on this?

I have the same issue, I am using an aerodynamic fairing on top and an structural interstage one in the middle, at least one of them starts wobbling at some point in flight if not right from the start. No structural failure logged.

Automatic struts are deactivated and I do not connect manual struts to the faring bases. KSP version 1.1.3

• 1 month later...

Btw, I know that's a super early question, but do you guys think it'll be possible to add the 'interstage inside fairing' thing from stock to PF?

I'm finding that functiona incredibly useful in stock, because it allows you to store stuff like AI cores, solar panels and batteries directly below the actual payload. I imagine it would be even more valuable in RO, when it gets updated.

I know it's probably gonna take a month+ after release, just a thought I had. :wink:

On 16.9.2016 at 2:57 AM, davidy12 said:

@e-dog: Well this is broken in 1.2

You don't need to tell him, about everything is.

Edited by Temeter

• 2 weeks later...

New to this mod, still trying to figure it out. But it seems that with both normal and interstage fairing bases, it gives me a decoupler option (in addition to the fairing wall decoupling in staging). I am successfully able to decouple the fairing base from the above payload without a separate decoupler part. This is contrary to the ingame description and what I have read in the mod's documentation, FAQ, etc, that says I still need a decoupler to separate. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong that this happens? Or...?

1 hour ago, Tossy64 said:

New to this mod, still trying to figure it out. But it seems that with both normal and interstage fairing bases, it gives me a decoupler option (in addition to the fairing wall decoupling in staging). I am successfully able to decouple the fairing base from the above payload without a separate decoupler part. This is contrary to the ingame description and what I have read in the mod's documentation, FAQ, etc, that says I still need a decoupler to separate. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong that this happens? Or...?

Theres two nodes on the interstage base ignoring the fairing mount nodes. The one fixed to the base is just a mount. No decoupler. The upper one that floats in the air IS a decoupler. it works great for interstages. You mount the upperstage base to the that decoupling node and when you attach the fairings they will automatically match that height sealing in your interstage. This leaves you with the open, non-decoupling node to mount other hardware such as a lander or utilities.

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Theres two nodes on the interstage base ignoring the fairing mount nodes. The one fixed to the base is just a mount. No decoupler. The upper one that floats in the air IS a decoupler. it works great for interstages. You mount the upperstage base to the that decoupling node and when you attach the fairings they will automatically match that height sealing in your interstage. This leaves you with the open, non-decoupling node to mount other hardware such as a lander or utilities.

Should the documentation, OP, in game description be updated to reflect this? And should the regular, non interstage fairing base also decouple? Because mine does.

2 hours ago, Tossy64 said:

Should the documentation, OP, in game description be updated to reflect this? And should the regular, non interstage fairing base also decouple? Because mine does.

Not sure. The OP may be a little on the old side. The non-interstage should have no decoupling node on it other then the fairing nodes. Ive always needed a separate decoupler for those. ( I honestly only even use the interstage even for payload fairings. Much more customizable ) So its possible they've been updated since ive last used them.

Is there anyway to get the firings to behave like stock fairings, especially when using Mechjeb. Mechjeb automatically stages the stock fairings when above a certain altitude and below a dynamic pressure. Mechjeb doesn't auto stage the procedural fairings as they appear as a decoupler.

Is there a way for Mechjeb to auto stage the fairings, I like to just hit launch and have the whole rocket autostage it self.

1 hour ago, chlbutterworth said:

Is there anyway to get the firings to behave like stock fairings, especially when using Mechjeb. Mechjeb automatically stages the stock fairings when above a certain altitude and below a dynamic pressure. Mechjeb doesn't auto stage the procedural fairings as they appear as a decoupler.

Is there a way for Mechjeb to auto stage the fairings, I like to just hit launch and have the whole rocket autostage it self.

I think the only way to do what you want is to set the fairing "decouplers" staging icon in a stage that happens to trigger either high in the atmosphere or above it entirely, but before the circularization burn.  In my experience (using FAR), it's usually safe to deploy the fairings once you're above 50km altitude.

On 14/10/2016 at 3:06 PM, KortexM said:

Hi,

I did a recompile for KSP 1.2, seems to work fine so far.
All fairing parts are in "Payload", the Multi-Adapter is in "Structural".

Download from Dropbox here. All sources are included.

Cheers KortexM

BEST WELCOME ON THE FORUM!!! :D

19 hours ago, razark said:

Who's dissing him?

For a first post, getting a very popular mod working is pretty epic.

Thanks for doing that, @KortexM.

Ah! These words provide a very different impression. Thank you.

My sincere apologies, as I obviously interpreted your post in a dramatically opposite context.