[1.2] Procedural Fairings 3.20 (November 8)

e-dog

I'm getting an error at launch saying KSPAPIExtensions.dll is not compatible with 0.24, which is included in the Procedural Fairings folder. The game still works, but just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Halaberiel

Minor bug report:

- KSP 64 bits

- What it does: "Ghost" Attachment nodes spawn at random positions in the VAB when you place a fairing base

It's not a big bug, but it's a bug ;)

Amazing mod!

I'm getting an error at launch saying KSPAPIExtensions.dll is not compatible with 0.24, which is included in the Procedural Fairings folder. The game still works, but just thought I'd mention it.

Did you update PF to 3.06?

Did you update PF to 3.06?

Yes, I just double checked & the file version is the same as in the 3.06 rar folder also (just in case I hadn't deleted the old procfairings folder although I'm 95% sure I did as it was giving me errors before too).

Edited by Halaberiel

Can you get the decoupling force fixed after there is a way to do it?

Maybe later. I'm disappointed Squad didn't add support for procedural costs despite being asked in advance, so I don't want to play KSP or do anything with it now, sorry.

I'm running .24 x64 on Windows. I just updated to 3.06 and while I'm no longer getting a compatibility warning I'm not able to change the size of the fairing bases or the thrust plate.
Yes, I just double checked & the file version is the same as in the 3.06 rar folder also (just in case I hadn't deleted the old procfairings folder although I'm 95% sure I did as it was giving me errors before too).

I get no issues with PF alone, but there might be problems if you have other mods which use KSPAPIExtensions if they didn't update yet or were "hacked" to replace their KAE dll with a new one.

I'm disappointed Squad didn't add support for procedural costs despite being asked in advance, so I don't want to play KSP or do anything with it now, sorry.

But your work is so good! Understandable though.

I get no issues with PF alone, but there might be problems if you have other mods which use KSPAPIExtensions if they didn't update yet or were "hacked" to replace their KAE dll with a new one.

Fair enough, did a search & I guess it could be Tweakscale, that mod seems to include KSPAPIExtensions as well

Fair enough, did a search & I guess it could be Tweakscale, that mod seems to include KSPAPIExtensions as well

Having that problem too, let me know if you figure it out. I'll be poking around myself, though I have a lot of mods.

The current version of Tweakscale seems to be the issue, after removing it I can re-size the fairing bases without issue. Hopefully you'll take a look at the decoupler issue at some point. I love this mod and I'm thankful for all your work.

Having that problem too, let me know if you figure it out. I'll be poking around myself, though I have a lot of mods.

If your craft files are behaving strangely with ships that have RTG units (the little stock power generators) there is a bug with tweakscale that is causing that problem. See the tweakscale thread for details.

Maybe later. I'm disappointed Squad didn't add support for procedural costs despite being asked in advance, so I don't want to play KSP or do anything with it now, sorry.
It's one thing to being upset about squad, but letting down your fellows here is disappointing.

My thoughts exactly, so many modders are battling through x64 conflicts and such, dont give up! And if your going to abandon the project, outsource its maintenance to someone in the community.

I'm going to need fairings from somebody :P

The current version of Tweakscale seems to be the issue, after removing it I can re-size the fairing bases without issue.

So it does. That seems to fix it for me.

If your craft files are behaving strangely with ships that have RTG units (the little stock power generators) there is a bug with tweakscale that is causing that problem. See the tweakscale thread for details.

THANK YOU! I've been trying to figure this one out, but those RTG units are so small I forget that they are in some of my ships.

My thoughts exactly, so many modders are battling through x64 conflicts and such, dont give up! And if your going to abandon the project, outsource its maintenance to someone in the community.

I'm going to need fairings from somebody :P

Anyone who wants to is free to fork off Procedural Fairings; e-dog gave it a fairly liberal license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

The only restriction on there is that you credit e-dog if you make a derivative work and that the same license is applied and provided with any distributions you make.

Anyone who wants to is free to fork off Procedural Fairings; e-dog gave it a fairly liberal license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

The only restriction on there is that you credit e-dog if you make a derivative work and that the same license is applied and provided with any distributions you make.

That would be the best thing to do - a dedicated x64 version with built-in fix. Sarbian's fix is under MIT license, which means that you are allowed to make such fork.

Sorry if this has been written somewhere obvious but I missed it. How do I change procedural fairings to the deprecated parts? I copied the deprecated parts into the procedural fairings folder and unlocked them in the tech tree but they don't appear in the VAB. When I go back to the research tree they're still not unlocked.

You already *have* the deprecated parts. That's what it means. deprecated, not removed.

So copying them in will only mess things up because then you will have duplicates.

Instead, change

category = -1

to

category = Aero

that will put them back in the partlist. Also change the TechRequired, as you did.

Note that KSP loads all cfg files in GameData, no matter where they are (unless they're under a PluginData folder). Same is true for models and textures. Only after loading everything does it (a) process the cfgs and (B) hook the models and textures together based on what's in the cfg.

How come the fairs don't go up to 3.75? just 3m? :/

Are you in Sandbox or Career/Science?

In Career and Science modes, the fairing bases are limited by the technology tree. You need to research later tech nodes to get the larger sizes.

You can check this by starting a new Sandbox game and trying one of the fairing bases. If it works in there, after you have researched the right places in the tech tree, you'll be able to do the same in Career/Science.