Geostationary Orbit Challenge O' Awesomeness

Seems everyone\'s forgotten that Kerbin rotates now, what with all the hullabaloo over the Mun.

Challenge: Get into a geostationary orbit around Kerbin. Stay there for one full rotation of the planet, and you\'re golden.

Difficulty: 4/5, as I have no information on what such an orbit is like. The amount of extra challenges you can add on is quite large also.

Restrictions: Stock parts, Silisko Edition, C7 and Wobbly Rockets.

Notes: Pure stock entries are recommended, and so is returning safely after the required time. Combine the two for extra bonus bragging rights. If you manage to pull off a landing at the KSC, that doesn\'t hurt either. If you\'re that insane over bragging rights, try to drop yourself on one of the buildings. You could even try getting your spacecraft directly over the KSC ???

Someone smarter than me will have to figure out what altitude and speed you have to be at, as I have no clue.

Credit goes to icefire for giving me the idea via this thread: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=3917.0

Just put 3 CommSats there. ~102 degrees from each other. That\'s Kerbal Communication System!

Used a bit modified Lunar ship\'s launcher... And even the orbital freighter was similar to Munar lander... Malfuncioned accelerator stage that was dropped on 30km-8Mm reentry trajectory (orbital freighter made bielliptic KSO insertion) didn\'t turn out and before was thrown away by the freighter\'s engines threw the ship on trajectory with 18Mm apokee that almost hit the Mun 8). Still the ship reached the KSO and deployed the satellites and the Kerbals returned home.

The second screenshot taken 3 orbits after the first. And note the groundspeed in the third.

The most tricky part was changing position over surface with unbalanced ship

P.S. The only non stock parts are Commsat and decoupler used for the satellites (just copy of StackDecoupller with 0 force).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.