How Did You Name Your Space Company/Corporation/Industry?

orangexception

9 minutes ago, Urses said:

Like in "wich sound makes a Kerbal if the rocket goes boom?":wink:

Yup, exactly. Here's a few images of why Kersplat Aerospace Industries still remains the best name ever:

j2KZk9a.jpg0uWhepX.jpg3gbPlG1.jpg

AAMS9IZ.jpg

Edited by adsii1970

xD Well, My last name is 'Hafner' and we had a running joke in my family to one day start a band called 'Hafner & Company' - I took it a step further and called it 'HafCo.' Thus my rocket company was born. :)

8 hours ago, Kerbal-Willie said:

Well my save name is PDC. I play on the PS4 so I'll let someone try to guess the acronym. But I would love to name it Spacewall Aerospacish Industry if I could figure out where to change that at. Is it the flag pole?

Well at least on Pc and Mac you have to make a .png file and put it in game data file for ksp but I don't think it works on ps4 because console version doesn't allow mods that's why when I bought ksp I did it on computer instead of Xbox or ps4 even though my brother insisted I get it on console

My company? Well when I was little, I came up with a fantasy world called 'Coalonia'. They had huge spaceships, so of course when I came to KSP, I had to include that for nostalgia's sake. I spent a while on deciding what name to use but eventually settled on "Coalonia Military Aerospace Unlimited Inc" and so CMAU Incorporated was born. 

j4HxqTH.png 

I used this flag for my KSP flag, as it was a space themed thing from an online logomaker :) Pretty simple. 

I even have a company joke that the real motto of the company is "Go big or go home" since we build stuff in the 100+ kiloton range for giggles. RIP my poor laptop.

• 1 month later...

I chose the name Viking Dynamics, I was inspired by my favorite ancient civilization the Vikings and the name of both the real life aerospace company General Dynamics, and Space Dynamics the fictional Aerospace company found in the Star Fox franchise best known for creating the Arwing.   

Fish Technologies, or F-Tech. I name all my ships with the prefix F-Tech so as to be able to differentiate them from others easily and put them all in the same place in the SPH. The name came around due to one of my friends commenting that my ships use "Fish Technology" and I just went with that.

If it's about the name of my save file: NEED MOAR BOOSTERS

If it's about the name of my space program... well... I have only 1 name, but it can mean several field of space program specialization. The name is ARS, which may stands for:

Absurd Rocket Science (for building big dumb booster rockets)

All-purpose Relay and Satellite (for managing communication relay and satellites)

Absolutely Reliable SSTO (for building SSTO)

Aerial Reconnaisance and Sightseeing (for managing atmospheric aircraft for science or tourism)

Automobile and Rover Steering (for building land vehicles and rovers)

Anyone Reacted with SCIENCE? (For doing SCIENCE!)

Advance to Reach the Stars (for managing far off-world expedition)

For the flag, it's either my profile pic, default ksp flag or trefoil symbol

Edited by ARS

I call mine MoachCraft....

it remains a linguistic mystery how that name came about, some experts suggest it may be a combination of "Moach" and "Craft" - but discussions on the subject have filled many a book without consensus -- I guess it's just another Kerbal thing...

like how they all have the last name "Kerman" and that's simply one of those things that one comes to accept as being "normal around here" - he who dares ask why, ends his day with more questions than he had before

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.