Periodic Table of the Kerbal Elements

bigyihsuan

Move this thread if it's in the wrong section.

About the resources that we'll be getting "soon," how would Periodic Table of the Kerbal Elements look like?

According to one Harvester's posts (can't remember which one), there will be Propellium, Water, and a few others. Break down the Water, and it turns to Hydrogen and Oxygen.

Which means that there are 3 elements in the Kerbal Periodic Table: H, O, and Pr (Propellium).

I know I'm missing some, so can someone like the blog/article? Or was it destroyed in the forum crash?

Dunno, but there's obviously a Structural Element to build things of... I suggest "Strut - St". :D That way, EVERYTHING is made of Strut.

Xenon. "Xe"

Monoprop. It's obviously not Propellium, since it doesn't need fuel lines, etc. "M"?

Also, Kethane. Which, due to it's convertability, may in fact be a compound of several other things... Or the Converter can just be magic, which is probably better... because if it makes "M", "Xe", "Pr", and "O", where do those go when it's not making them? So call Kethane "K".

Well the resource chart has Propellium, Oxium, Nirtronite, Water, Blutonium, Intake Air, Hexagen, and Zeonium.

I see no reference to Hydrogen or oxygen so I don't see where you get those. Water breaks down to Propellium and Oxium according to the chart. So water could be Prâ‚‚Ox

so we'll leave Water off the list.

Nirtronite along with Oxium makes monoprollant and appears to be used by water purifiers to make purified water. So we'll assume it's an element. Blutonium and Hexagen are combined to make nuclear fuel and have no other uses, so we'll call them elements.

Intake Air and Oxium can both be run thru a compresser to make Oxydizer so we'll assume Intake Air simply contains the element Oxium.

Zeonium is used for reaction mass for Ion engines, so we'll assume it's a renamed Xenon and we'll call it an element.

Pr, Ox, Bl, Hx, Nr, and Ze looks to be the list.

Obviously we don't make spaceship parts out fo the same elements as fuels so we know nothing about those elements. That means we have big holes in the periodic table.

I created a shrunk down table filled in with what we know...

Looked like a good starting point.

if you want to add to my charge, please only with stuff from Squad, no Kethane, and no jokes, "explodium"

5GOunRx.jpg

Edited by Moon Goddess

The Stayputnik mk2 says that it is constructed from aluminum. Its a stock part, so I think we can consider it a canon source and put it on the table.

Thanks... I'll see about putting it in... the fact that it calls that out as special must me the other parts are not aluminum....

But it's good enough. I was basing my OP off that chart, actually.

Yeah but the real deal could be extremely far from that. From Nova's post, I can safely assume that whatever form resources will take, it won't look like this for sure.

Well since Nova hasn't given us anything else the best we can do is use that chart and simply make the only change he's told us about "no more separate converters, 3 converters small medium large, convert everything.) That still doesn't change the elements, so we stick with it for now.

Yep.

Also, according to Cap'n Skunky's Kethane spotlight on KSPTV a few weeks ago, when you drill, Kethane apparently escapes into the atmosphere as a gas. And Kerbals are made out of Kethane.

If Kethane is added to the table, I think Kethane would not be allowed, as Kethane is a (theoretical) molecule of Propellium, Oxium, and Nitronite. I think Kethane converters can convert Kethane into other fuels, though, so it's not a complete list for Kethane composition.

From what I can tell, the RL analogs are...

Propellium = Hydrogen

Liquid Fuel = Liquid Hydrogen

Oxium = Oxygen

Oxidiser = Liquid Oxygen

Nitronite = Nitrogen

Blutonium = Plutonium or Uranium

Zeonium = Xenon

Hexagen = ....?

I'm not surprised they are making changes to resources from that chart. One converter, one drill type, just use air intakes would be fine. I don't see a point to Hexagen either.